Hepatitis C Community
Infected from dirty needle ?

This forum is for questions about medical issues and research aspects of Hepatitis C such as, questions about being newly diagnosed, questions about current treatments, information and participation in discussions about research studies and clinical trials related to Hepatitis. If you would like to communicate with other people who have been touched by Hepatitis, please visit our new Hepatitis Social/Living with Hepatitis forum

Infected from dirty needle ?

Hello! I'vee cured my HCV not long ago , but then i had to use a needle , i've washed it very good ....If the needle was infected - can i get the desease again , even if i washed it very very good , so that no blood or whatsoever is on the needle :( it will be very sad if i catch the virus again ....
Please never reuse needles.
Yes you absolutely can get it again. The antibodies to hepatitis C are not protective. If you engage in risky behaviors you put yourself at risk for hepatitis C and many other diseases. Washing a needle with water does not protect you from transmission. Water does not kill the virus and even microscopic bits of the virus that you cannot see, can transmit the disease when injected in to the body.
even alcohol & bleach can't kill all the virus.

can't say I feel sorry for you. you obviously have a problem if you could go back to shooting drugs after getting a 2nd chance.

At least use a new syringe. Don't most places have needle exchange programs in place?

Best of luck to you
What is sad is that you are using needles, reinfecting yourself would be tragic...Mark
What do you mean you HAD to use a needle? NO you did not! Sad? You did this to yourself, sad is not the word I would use. YES you can get it again, you have NO immunity to HCV. You were given a gift of life without HCV, what is wrong with you!?
i don't understand the comment "i had to use a needle"?  there should have not been ANY reason unless you're doing drugs.  i say you better think long and hard about your new found health and your future.  belle