Inferon
Does anyone know if Inferon well show up in Drug Tests used for job placement?
Interferon is made by the body. The older we get the less the body makes of it. It is not bad for you. Why should it matter about the drug tests for getting a job? There's nothing illegal about it. You will have to ask a medical person about this.
I don't think they test for interferon in drug tests.....you have to actually run a test to see if it comes up negative or positive...so you'd be fine and nobody would know anyway.
I think your concern is that the employer would deduct that you we're treated for Hep C.

First of all, I think they would be looking for cocaine, heroine, etc. which people shoot up and get HCV.  I don't think that they would look for the drug to cure the above problem.

2% of the USA have HCV, a large majority via transfusions during the 70's and 80's.

If this is what you're concern is, don't worry.

miked

Thanks -

I'm new to this my husband has had Hep C for awhile but he now has Cirrhosis (detected from a Fibermalsis (unsure of spelling) test) and the DR is recommending he start treatment right away.  I'm reading all the posts and trying to learn as fast as possible but one big concern of his was the company he works for not finding out.  

Two other questions (at least for now).  Should he have started treatment before the Cirrhosis showed up or do you not start until it does.  How much success have you all had with interferon (again spelling might be wrong).

He doesn't know where his Hep C came from (not a drug user, no tattoos, no blood transfusions) so....
Most pre-employment testing is drug screening and typically they test for the broad topics of opiates, amphetimines (includes meth), barbituates, marijuana, cocaine, PCP and sometimes, for tranquilizers like benzos and barbituates.

They do look at things like creatinine levels to see if adulterants might have been used in some urine drug testing.

There might be some employers who would do testing as to the health of an employee if that job required employees who were more physically fit for some reason but the employer has to let you know what they are testing you for, and you will know, prior to testing, what it is.

They would not, in any case, be testing for interferon.  They test for drugs of abuse, and in rare cases for the general health of any employee, but not for extraneous drugs like interferon.
I've been on Interferon and Ribavirin for the past 15 weeks and during that time I have been drug tested at work.  I never heard anything so the drug test was negative.

Vik