Hepatitis C Community
Injection site red spot

This forum is for questions about medical issues and research aspects of Hepatitis C such as, questions about being newly diagnosed, questions about current treatments, information and participation in discussions about research studies and clinical trials related to Hepatitis. If you would like to communicate with other people who have been touched by Hepatitis, please visit our new Hepatitis Social/Living with Hepatitis forum

Injection site red spot

Hey everyone! This is my 6 injection and so far, every one has left a red silver sized spot. They are fading but stil there. Am I gong to have 24 spots when I done? What is the deal with this?
Yup..better get used to it. Mine show up around 4-5 days after the shot, and they fade in a couple of weeks from the time of my shot. But I ALWAYS have, at minimum, a bright one (last week's), and a faded one that shows. If they get itchy, try not to scratch them. I just touch the spot gently with my arm or something and it relieves it. I also heard that Gold Bond Medicated powder works for the itch. The one in the green container. Good luck! :)
It depends, I originally got the spots, then stopped getting them.  It also depends upon which medication I'm injection now (i.e. IFN, Procrit, Neupogen) as to whether I get them now or not.
Hi, I to originally got them, then around week 5 stopped. good luck.Pam
I have huge red areas 4-6 inches around and I had giant black and blue marls in the same areas before I started using and ice pack (20 min)after shot...I only have 3 more shots after tonight.I'm a 2B at 21 weeks and have been virus free since a week 3 pcr..Good luck to all current txers!!....alan
I meant silver dollar sized red spot!
Thank you guys... But thry do eventually go completely away? And does the ice help to not get the spot?
Mine do seem to go away.
The Shot Spots fade fairly quickly for most, but there are always exceptions. I get the same size spots. Using four injection sites, they seem to be gone well before I get back to that same site four weeks later. Some have real problems, so keep an eye on them, although it sounds like what you are seeing is no cause for concern. Just another knot in the rich tapestry that is TX.
I got those red/black and blue spots too but they are all gone. It takes a few weeks.

There is actually a depression on the top of my right thigh where I used to inject. It is about 2 inches across and 1/8 inch deep. Maybe the inf burnt some tissue? Its hard to notice unless I run my hand over it.
Had the nice big red spots and generally sported about 3 or 4 at a time.  They looked like love bites.  Like Rocker they got redder during shower/baths.  Oh, and they went away pretty quick after I finished treatment.