Insurance
Before I even try to apply for life insurance I would like to know from any of you if there will be any difficulties getting any with having HepC? My primary insurance rejected me the first time because my liver enzymes were high...that is how I found out that I had this virus. If anyone has insurance or knows of a great company to get it please let me know. Thanks.
You won't be able to get life insurance unfortunately.  It's not right but it's the way it is.  I guess they consider it a life treatening disease (which it is) so.....they won't touch any of us.  Not even with new SVR or anything.
You have got to be kidding me.... even if we have to pay more than healthy people? I have 2 kids and a husband to think about. That makes me so mad...
I knew we couldn tobtain life insurance. However I didnt know if we became SVR we still couldnt.
Your right! another situation that doesnt jive.

Im sorry...hopefully in time this will somehow be resolved as well.
Horrible.
..sadly, I know the only life insurance we can get on my hubby is the one he already has had with his company that will cease when he retires. You want to hear the "sounds of silence?" Have somebody telemarket you for life insurance..then when you mention your spouse has HEpC and they can't get off the phone fast enough. Personally, we're just saving and investing and not expecting a dime from any kind of  insurance. We didn't even think that Social Security would be around when we got to retirement age....so we created our own. Hubby will "retire" but he will never stop working.
Yup I have two kids and nobody else to depend on aside from me and I don't even own a house or anything to leave behind yet.  It STINKS and yeah I'm SVR too - (yay!) I wonder how many years it would have to be or if just having the antibodies wipes you out?  Well...right now I know there is nothing for me except if I die while I'm working here and God forgive me I want to live a LOT longer than I want to be at this company!

I'm sorry Peridot it pisses me off so much too.  Look at some behavior of other people and then wonder why someone SVR can't have a break fora  change!!!!!!!!!   :(
I was able to get life insurance through my job. All employees are automatically eligible.
I just posted a similar comment under another post. If one can live 20 to 30 years with no side effects of Hep C or even better, out live the disease, why can't someone with it get life insurance? My husband was diagnosed 10 years ago while applying for life insurance. He was of course denied, and has been for every policy outside of an employment benefit ever since. Very frustrating.  
Hello, I am in the employee benefit business and can tell you other than group term life thru an employer no insurance company will touch anyone with hep c.  I am in the same boat pretty much.  fortunately, i do have a very small whole life policy i took out 30 years ago.  the only thing you could do is thru your employer, if they offer additional voluntary with guaranteed issue; i.e. maybe $50,000 at least that is something.

Also, colonial penn may have something the is very small underwriting wise.  there is a 2 year waiting period, but it is pretty costly.

If you go to thebody.com website and to the insurance forum there is information about life insurance policies that HIV+ patients can get. This is minimal insurance (I believe up to $20,000) with no medical questions but it is something. I think it's thru mutual of omaha.