Hepatitis C Community
Introducing myself

This forum is for questions about medical issues and research aspects of Hepatitis C such as, questions about being newly diagnosed, questions about current treatments, information and participation in discussions about research studies and clinical trials related to Hepatitis. If you would like to communicate with other people who have been touched by Hepatitis, please visit our new Hepatitis Social/Living with Hepatitis forum

Introducing myself

Hi All,
I am new to the group and site and just wanted to introduce myself.  My name is Erin.  I have Hep C, geno 1b and am currently on riba/interferon treatment.  Treatment is rough.  Any encouraging words or stories you can share may help to give me a more positive outlook.. =)
Hello and welcome to the fourm, from your profile you seem to have about 16 weeks done? Hang in there as tx seems to have its ups and downs. There are meds out there that can help certain side effects, hope your doctor uses them to get you though. Looks like you caught it in the acute stage so your odds should be really good.

Do you know what week you went und and if you have any liver damage? Stick around, lots of us here that has been though this, some of us more then once.......... Glad to see another hoosier here. Wishing you the very best.

cando
Hi Erin, glad to *meet* you.  My husband is hep c geno 1 like yourself, and yes, treatment is rough -- he's currently 66 weeks into interferon & riba -- so just wanted to let you know you're not alone.  Some people manage to get through treatment needing nothing stronger than Tylenol, and then again, some are not so fortunate --  hopefully you'll be in the former category!

There are many geno 1s on this forum who have successfully reached Undetectable and SVR and had positive outcomes to their treatment -- hang in there --keep your eye on the prize, as they say :) . My hope is that you'll be one of them!  And if you find you have questions or need to vent or sound off, this is definitely a good place to get feedback.  Welcome to the forum. ~eureka
Welcome to the forum. WIsh you the best in your journey thru tx. It was very difficult for me..I treated for 55 weeks. If I had to do again I would.
Patience, and be easy on yourself.
Best of luck,

Charm
Welcome to the forum. Coming here saved my sanity while I was doing treatment.
We have the same concerns and side effects, and can share our experiences and remedies with each other.

The most encouraging thing I can tell you is none of the down feelings you have will last. It you feel depressed, it won't last. If your skin itches, it won't last. etc.Its not just that you'll feel better in months but the depression for me cycled. It hit but then it would go away. Just remember, it will change. It will get better.

I chose to surround myself with objects that helped me to feel calm. I kept a small book of inspirational sayings near my bed.  I'd take a hot shower or lie in the sun, whatever little thing I could do to help myself feel just a little better.  And I watched lots of comedies. Laughter is the best medicine.

Good luck,
OH
Hi - and welcome.  I, too, am a 1b.  Had the virus 35 years now.  I did treatment in 98 and it didn't work for me, but from what I learned since then that this is a hard genotype to treat.  I would have needed more than they gave me and for longer time and since it didn't lower it enough at 12 weeks they took me off.  I had a rough time with the treatment and since I divorced my husband right after that I didn't have the luxury of not working to do it again.  I wish you the best of luck and complete success!
Welcome.
Welcome to the forum, lots and lots of good people here to help you get along through treatmet. I too am on treatment but I am not having mush problems from the sides. I have good days and worse days but so far I've only had what I would call 2 bad days.

Thanks care

Teetom
hi... just joined now... I am still in shock... Everything is moving soooo fast. Diagnoded 2 weeks ago. Had a CAT scna last week and found cysts on liver and kidneys, load of 2800000... Dont know what this stuff means because all nurses are giving me info. Dr is out. Waiting to start on Interferon and Riboviron. I have heard this is rough, I even have to go to a class to start on it. Any info from others will be helpful.
Welcome to the discussion group! You might want to start a new post by going to the top of the page, and clicking on the green ‘post a question’ button. This is an older thread, and you might get lost here. There are lots of folks in here that have gone through all this already, and they’ll be happy to share their experiences with you.

Good luck—

Bill