Hepatitis C Community
Is Antigen Test At 3 Months Useless?

This forum is for questions about medical issues and research aspects of Hepatitis C such as, questions about being newly diagnosed, questions about current treatments, information and participation in discussions about research studies and clinical trials related to Hepatitis. If you would like to communicate with other people who have been touched by Hepatitis, please visit our new Hepatitis Social/Living with Hepatitis forum

Is Antigen Test At 3 Months Useless?

Hey-  
  I had a negative HBsAG test at 8 weeks and the lab people told me to retest at 3 months.  I just retested at 3 months and the only test they offer is the antigen test so that's what I did.  I had a negative result but I've seen on some websites that the HBsAG level peaks at 6-8 weeks and gradually disappears out to 3 months.  So my question is was this test pointless for me to do at 3 months and is so do I need to do an antibody test??
That test is for Hep B. this is a Hep C forum. Try posting your inquiry on the Hep B forum.