Hepatitis C Community
Is ITCHY a symptom

This forum is for questions about medical issues and research aspects of Hepatitis C such as, questions about being newly diagnosed, questions about current treatments, information and participation in discussions about research studies and clinical trials related to Hepatitis. If you would like to communicate with other people who have been touched by Hepatitis, please visit our new Hepatitis Social/Living with Hepatitis forum

Is ITCHY a symptom

Does Hep C cause Itchy Skin?  My husband is a stage 3 and hasn't started his treatment yet.
Janet
Having been the lucky recipient of both Hepatitis A  and C, when I had hepatitis A I itched unbearably, particularly my palms. That was part of the jaundice.   Also very itchy rash when on treatment for HCV.  Never heard of itching being caused by HCV itself, but it does give you dry skin.  
Thank you JR,
I appreciate your feed back  :)
I was recently reading that itchiness can be a symptom of cirrhosis. It is also a common sx of tx.
Hi there,
What is sx and tx?  I'm so new to all of this, I'm sorry  
Thanks for posting, Janet
Hep C can cause itchy skin. I've also seen it described in literature. Apparently it's more common in later stages, but I've had it off and on for years. I've not done treatment. For me it's mostly on my lower legs, or the soles of my feet! Can be almost unbearable at times.

Oh, and tx is treatment and sx is side-effect (from treatment)

/CC
sx symptom tx is treatment...and i get itchy skin from my hep and i'm not on tx...billy
Thank you, It explains a lot!  Greg has times where he's up at night just tearing his arms up! He said he can't stop it's so unbearable at times.