Is There ANY Fianical help for Hepatitis-c { Interferon}
I Have just been diag. with Hepatitis-C,my family doctor suggested a speacialist,but before i can see him i have to have a liver biopsy which is already scheuduled,and suggest Interferon
my question is ;is there any place to go for finacial help? i Have insurance, but they won't pay for it all and my understanding is that it's quiet expensive, my only other option is NOT to have the treatment, my doctor say's i really don't have a option, since my count was 88,114 and that it should be around 50, i guess i should have been listening but i guess i was in shock!
  so is there anyplace where i can go for finacial help?

Thank-You For any Kind of Help or Assistance.
I was just going to ask where you were today! or send an APB.  are yoiu ok? vacation?
Try Peggassist on line, they will give you a # to call for an application. Also try Commitment to Care for same (they are the Roche/ Schering-Plough programs that assist hep c patients who have no ability to cover treatments). They do go by your income, and I think the cut-off s somewhere around $30,ooo for a family of one-- but don't take that as gospel. Also, there is currently a clinical trial that is recruiting people called the IDEAL study (just type in hep c IDEAL study and you will find the site. They have places all over the country that are participating. I have insurance, too, but it does not cover the treatments. I just made an appointment (though it is a couple of hours drive,) to meet for the preliminaries required to participate. Good luck.
Lauren