Hepatitis C Community
Is There ANY Fianical help for Hepatitis-c { Interferon}

This forum is for questions about medical issues and research aspects of Hepatitis C such as, questions about being newly diagnosed, questions about current treatments, information and participation in discussions about research studies and clinical trials related to Hepatitis. If you would like to communicate with other people who have been touched by Hepatitis, please visit our new Hepatitis Social/Living with Hepatitis forum

I Have just been diag. with Hepatitis-C,my family doctor suggested a speacialist,but before i can see him i have to have a liver biopsy which is already scheuduled,and suggest Interferon
my question is ;is there any place to go for finacial help? i Have insurance, but they won't pay for it all and my understanding is that it's quiet expensive, my only other option is NOT to have the treatment, my doctor say's i really don't have a option, since my count was 88,114 and that it should be around 50, i guess i should have been listening but i guess i was in shock!
  so is there anyplace where i can go for finacial help?

Thank-You For any Kind of Help or Assistance.
I was just going to ask where you were today! or send an APB.  are yoiu ok? vacation?
Avatar n tn
Try Peggassist on line, they will give you a # to call for an application. Also try Commitment to Care for same (they are the Roche/ Schering-Plough programs that assist hep c patients who have no ability to cover treatments). They do go by your income, and I think the cut-off s somewhere around $30,ooo for a family of one-- but don't take that as gospel. Also, there is currently a clinical trial that is recruiting people called the IDEAL study (just type in hep c IDEAL study and you will find the site. They have places all over the country that are participating. I have insurance, too, but it does not cover the treatments. I just made an appointment (though it is a couple of hours drive,) to meet for the preliminaries required to participate. Good luck.
Lauren
Cindy is... Comment
blondie717 joined this community
Welcome them!
Jun 28
senseanonymous  commented on photo
Jun 28
Track your weight over time