Hepatitis C Community
Is anal bleeding a sign of Hep C

This forum is for questions about medical issues and research aspects of Hepatitis C such as, questions about being newly diagnosed, questions about current treatments, information and participation in discussions about research studies and clinical trials related to Hepatitis. If you would like to communicate with other people who have been touched by Hepatitis, please visit our new Hepatitis Social/Living with Hepatitis forum

Is anal bleeding a sign of Hep C

A friend called me to ask if anal bleeding is a sign of hep c.  Someone with hep c told her this.  I said that I have never heard of that being one of the symptoms.  Anyway I said that I would go on the forum just to make sure.  I still say not. Am I wrong.
Gina
bleeding out can be a sign of cirhosis complications.
it can be a sign of anal fissures or hemorrhoids or any number of things, most symptoms are not exclusive to one condition. Drs look at a collection of symptoms and tests results to make a diagnosis, not just one item.
My better half had that happen about 5 years ago
You gave me a chuckle reading your post as I went through the same situation a number of years ago. After going through a sudden occurrence of hemorrhoids 2 years ago, I am no longer embarrassed by dropping my drawers for a Dr.
Remember an old saying, BOHICA. Bend Over, Here It Comes Again.

Kicked. Refer your friend to a Dr ASAP
LoL... Oh Gosh...TOO FUNNY!!!

Getting Old & Talking About Our Bodily Functions Is Certainly "NOT" Something I EVER Anticipated Doing... It's Hell When You Start Falling Apart Isn't It!!!

Now I'm am laughing... cause the first time this ever happens to me... I am gonna just DIE & I know it...  But cha gotta do what ya gotta do...

I remember about half way thru my TX last round... the nurse put me in the WRONG appointment slot... & when I showed up the girl at the front desk said... "Vicki what are you doing here... are you going to have a proceedure too??".... I said "WHAT Proceedure"... she said spmeone had put me down under a proceedure slot to get scoped.... I said... "I DON'T THINK SO... & If It's Not Mandatory, I Think I'll Pass!"

I must of turned 10 shades of red & it felt like my ears were glowing....she smarted off & was laughing at me saying... "Awe you don't wanna get scoped"....

Someone is gonna have to tranquilize me first... better yet... KNOCK ME OUT.... LoL!!!

{{{{ Blushing Still}}}}
Cuteus - "I want to bring my own if there is a next time...don't want to get reinfected".
Hmmm....200,000,000 infected world wide....each with their own 'scope....I hate to contemplate profit on misery, but what say you and I get together and invest in colonoscopes...sounds like a don't miss opportunity....

Bon_vivant; I'm telling you - if our defense dept. had any sense of creativity, they'd realize they could literally immobilize the insurgency in Iraq for US $2.00/day/person using Fleets prep in the potable water supply...not one of 'em could even _lift_ a machine gun...hmmmm...another buiseness opertunity perhaps?

Have a great evening, folks.
you have a sick sense of "humor"!!! it is the PREP I want to avoid! that is the most horrendous two days of my GI life, I rather do 72 wks of tx!  I must have vomited the last bottle of phosphosoda a hundred times!  
DON"T  ask me to do it again...I even ignored my GI when she suggested a follow up one two yrs ago.   I don't want to...can't make me...naw ha,.

plus my paranoid self believes she might have used bad utensils with hep c...since she is a hep c  specialist...
I want to bring my own if there is a next time...don't want to get reinfected

Funny now I am afraid of procedures that might harbor blood borne illnesses.
Paranoia is wonderful, isn't it?
Haaaa
Hey... Hummmmmm.....Fathers Day Is Coming Up....

Maybe Us Gals Should all give our spouces & significant others "The Gift Of Life" & Have Them Scoped..... LoL

A True Gift From The Heart!!!!
:)
I am glad the subject of colonoscopy was brought up in this thread. It seems as though the consensus in this forum is that a hepatologist is generally superior to a gastroenterologist for management of HCV. While for the most part I tend to agree, the GI docs will almost always insist on a routine colonoscopy.

While not directly associated with HCV treatment, the old roto-rooter is so important to monitor for polyps and lesions. In fact, for those of us at or above 50 years old, the prevention of colon cancer just may be as, if not more important to us than addressing the HCV issue. I say this because if I had chosen a hepatologist, I doubt he would have found the polyps last year, two of which were questionable.

For those of you that are
I agree with most - sounds like a colonoscopy is needed.  I had my first just before dx with hep-c (both parents who are alive and well at 78 & 79 had colon cancer in past 5 years)  The "cleansing out" was much easier - just dulcolax and all clear liquid for 24hrs. Definitely send your friend to a doctor!
Be well!
<3 michelle
You guys are great. Thanks for such entertainment on such an important subject. Another one of those subjects that people are kept naive about due to taboos.