Hepatitis C Community
It looks as if Sofosbovir trials have ended?

This forum is for questions about medical issues and research aspects of Hepatitis C such as, questions about being newly diagnosed, questions about current treatments, information and participation in discussions about research studies and clinical trials related to Hepatitis. If you would like to communicate with other people who have been touched by Hepatitis, please visit our new Hepatitis Social/Living with Hepatitis forum

Cannot find any more recruiting trials. What say ye all? I guess my 'future' is in the hands of the Duke doctors and will know something next week. Will try to get any information and post it to this forum for others to possibly use. Will 'keep the community posted'.
Tags: trials
Please let us know what you find out.  Stats please...if you can.
Sofosbuvir should be approved by the FDA (in the U.S.) in December.
There are lots of other meds on the "pipe-line" , I hope the Docs at Duke can give you the latest info on~
  We have new Trials opening up, here in San Francisco, at Quest Labs...so I am hoping there are some available in your area also~  good luck!
"Cannot find any more recruiting trials."
Go to clinicaltrials.gov and search using the keyword "Sofosbuvir". There are 6 Gilead trials currently recruiting. Among them "Sofosbuvir Containing Regimens for the Treatment of Chronic HCV Infection in Subjects With Chronic Genotype 1, 2, or 3 HCV Infection"
http://clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/show/NCT01826981?term=sofosbuvir&rank=6
Of course not all trials are appropriate for all patients. What trial to try to get into depends on your genotype, hepatitis C status, cirrhosis or not, prior treatment history, access, inclusions and exclusions and many other factors.

There will be many future trials that will contain Sofosbuvir for at least the next few years in combination with other DAAs as Gilead tests to find the most effective all oral treatments for all genotypes. Trial will continue to be added to clinicaltrials.gov

The first Gilead therapies containing Sofosbuvir should be available in early 2014 are for only two types of patients.
* For genotype 2/3 there will be an all oral treatment containing Sofosbuvir and Ribavirin.
* For treatment-naive patients ONLY with genotype 1, 4, 5 and 6 the therapy will consist of Sofosbuvir + peg-interferon and ribavirin.

All of this has been written about many times here. Just "search the community" to find past posts about Gilead and their trials and some of our personal experiences treating with Sofosbuvir combined with other drugs..

For more information on HCV drugs in development for genotype 1 you can read all about the current candidates here
http://www.hcvadvocate.org/news/newsLetter/2013/advocate0913.html

Hector