Hepatitis C Community
Itching 'down there'

This forum is for questions about medical issues and research aspects of Hepatitis C such as, questions about being newly diagnosed, questions about current treatments, information and participation in discussions about research studies and clinical trials related to Hepatitis. If you would like to communicate with other people who have been touched by Hepatitis, please visit our new Hepatitis Social/Living with Hepatitis forum

Itching 'down there'

I am almost done with my incivek treatment but have noticed increased itching in the vaginal area. Has anyone else had this experience? If so, what helped? I had placed a little rubbing alcohol on it this morning, once the sting wore off, it was considerably better but I don't want to have to do that for the last week of treatment. I also fear that it may run down into the anus and set that thing on fire--again!!!
Do you have a yeast infection?  I'm sorry but your really brave to use rubbing
alcohol down there. : )  I think I would have tried yogurt first.  I'm sure that
someone will come to your aid here in a minute.  I still can't believed you braved that.

: )
I don't think it's a yeast infection... There is no odor, no strange discharge... It feels like the rest of my itchy skin... I thought about hydrocortisone cream but was afraid it would cause an infection...
If you do not have a yeast infection, then the itching is probably from the drugs.

I had itching in the perineum along with itching everywhere else. It did not go away until I got on 50 mg of Hydroxyzone every 6 hours. That is a prescription. It got rid of all of my itching, everywhere, including the perineal itching.

I had a rash everywhere too, including the perineal area but, as stated, it all went awy with the prescription Hydroxyzine. (Over the counter Benadryl was useless.)
I messaged you. K
I would agree:  ask for a prescription of Hydroxyzone and I would also add go ahead and try a little hydrocortisone cream and maybe alternate it with a little lidocaine cream.  My guess is it's part of the overall rash.  If it doesn't improve, I would definitely call the doctor.  Use the same philosopy as for the overall rash:  clean, soothe, protect.
Advocate1955