Hepatitis C Community
It's over, I am done! Finished my 48 weeks.

This forum is for questions about medical issues and research aspects of Hepatitis C such as, questions about being newly diagnosed, questions about current treatments, information and participation in discussions about research studies and clinical trials related to Hepatitis. If you would like to communicate with other people who have been touched by Hepatitis, please visit our new Hepatitis Social/Living with Hepatitis forum

I made it.  If it was a race, my husband pulled me over the finish line because I didn't feel like walking.
Today I am off all my meds.  Took my last Riba last night on my sons 13th bday.
I am DONE!  Done with feeling like crud.  Done sleeping all the time, I slept through 2009 and woke up a year older, call me Rip Van Vic.
Done with the diarrhea, hair falling out, crying, dizziness, dry mouth, depression and erratic behavior and riba raging at my husband, kids, dog and unsuspecting people at the bank, grocery store and church.
I am done with this stupid sore spot on my scalp that I have developed into picking like a neurotic tic for months, just call me Lady Macbeth, "out D@mn spot!"  How weird is that?
I want my Saturdays back!  Along with my libido, hair and appetite.  I am sick of my cooking skills being reduced to frozen pizza and bagged salad.
I am ready to get my life back and ready to hear my nurse to say ,"your labs are back, your SVR".
I never asked to be part of this club, but I am so glad I found you.  I learned so much it it just felt so good to be validated and understood.
Thanks for making me laugh.  
I tried.  Did I conquer?  Time will tell, but I gave it my best and you all helped.  I am going to stay healthy and remain optimistic. I am looking forward to working out, running and enjoying all the healthy food again.
Well, I am going to get my labs today and drop off my sharps.
I made it.
Vicky
Oops, meant to put this on the other side, sorry.
Guess I am done with the brain fog too.
Congratulations Vicky!
I hope you begin feeling better soon and of course I wish the very bets outcome - SVR.
Be well,
Mike
Wow,what a huge accomplishment. Congratulations!
Thats just fantastic news! Congratulations and best wishes for a new start.

Charm
Congratulations!  I am in week 14, going to 48, can't wait to be where you are!!!

Enjoy!
Well done.  Congratulations!  We will be on the lookout for your SVR post.  Hope you feel better very soon.

jd
well done warrior!
Congratulations.  It doesn't matter how we get to end, just as long as we get there. Wishing you SVR.

Trinity
Cool stuff, Vicky!

Bill
Congrats on finishing this crazy endeavor!

Don't be surprised if you start feeling really sh!tty the next few days... it's sometimes back kicks you real hard.

It will take you a while until you feel better, but be patient with yourself, you WILL feel better eventually.

Hugs, marcia
CONGRATS!  That is fantastic news!  No peg in the fridge, no riba on the shelf, it's all good.  Hope you feel back to your old self very soon!
Congrats! It is a long haul. Take good care of yourself while you're in recovery phase. Best wishes for SVR!
Your thread title made me smile, but your full post made me grin ear to ear... I can't decide which is better, Rip Van Vic or Lady MacBeth :).
Congratulations on making it to the finish line... and hats off to your husband for dragging you across ;).  Sounds like you're more than ready to take on the world and then some... best wishes for SVR! ~eureka
You made it! I am so proud of you. Take care!
Yay you are done!  Happy for you.  Feel better soon...
Congratulations.   I'm in week 23 of 48, your post gave me strength.
Congratulations!!!!!  
Hi Eureka, I am glad someone gets my humor ;D
I am already feeling a little better.  I always could feel the riba hit me about 40 minutes after I took them.  But for the first time, no Saturday Interferon hangover! (But a nasty headache on Sunday:(
I seem to be feeling a little better each day.
Thanks everyone!
V
Congratulations Vicky!
best wishes for SVR and I hope you have a speedy recovery
Its great you still have your humor, only the best to you.
Congratulation,time heal everything,hope your feeling better soon
Good one Vic, you are in the champion club like so many others ... Now we wait for the major results in 6 months (me too)  .. All we can do is our very best ....
Good for you VIC, we all hope Victory is yours,

Everything Best!