Hepatitis C Community
Jaundice and High Level of S.G.O.T and S.G.P.T

This forum is for questions about medical issues and research aspects of Hepatitis C such as, questions about being newly diagnosed, questions about current treatments, information and participation in discussions about research studies and clinical trials related to Hepatitis. If you would like to communicate with other people who have been touched by Hepatitis, please visit our new Hepatitis Social/Living with Hepatitis forum

i am a 21 yr old and few days back i had dark yellow urine, pale stool and yellowish in the whites of my eyes. I went to a doctor and they said its jaundice and advised for liver function test. The bilirubin is 4.7, S.G.O.T - 408, S.G.P.T - 1030. I am very much tensed with the level of S.G.O.T and S.G.P.T as the reference range is 0-46 and 0-45 respectively. I am a non-alcoholic person. i just want to know that will the level of s.g.o.t and s.g.p.t will come down when the bilirubin will come down or I am underlying some other disease too.

Please advise soon  
Tags: jaundice
Personally I would ask the doctor to test for hepatitis A, B and C. High liver enzymes and jaundice are always the sign of some kind of liver inflammation or gallbladder problems. Please let your doctor run a thorough check on you.
Do you have a risk factor for hepatitis?  Intravenous drug use or a blood transfusion before 1992 are the most efficient ways to transmit hep c.

Hep B is a classic STD and is easily transmitted through sexual activity.

Your Alt and Ast are definitely elevated so don't delay on seeing a dcotor and asking

for a hepatitis panel of tests.
Dont mean to alarm you but looks like you have some form of hepatitis, it may it be,B or C.maybe even the A virus.You have the classic symptoms.

~ The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well. ~