Just found out.
This is all really really new,  Just found out I have Hep c.  I'll find out the Geno type on Tuesday. Trying to be ok.  Has anyone worked while on treatment?
Hi i am sorry to hear you have hep c i am type 2 i work on call and so far i have done ok i cant speak about those on triple treatment i only have to take 2 meds not 3 but you came to the right place there are plenty of very nice very helpful people that will be along to help and support you all the way to the end of you treatment

i know its a hell of a blow but just try to be calm we all felt the same way when we found out we had hep c i still cant believe i have hep c but its not the end of the world just a hurdle in life you have to overcome
Hi and welcome. Sorry to hear your diagnosis of HCV.  This is not the end, you will be fine.

This may sound weird but there are far worse diseases then HCV someone could get. At least HCV is curable.

By the way did you already have the PCR test and not just the antibody test?

Welcome to the forum. Kudos to you for finding this site so soon. I was already treating by the time I found this.
Finding out one has hep c is extremely troubling at first. Keep breathing, because as time goes on, and you become informed it does get easier to deal with.

I am a little over 3 months, post treatment. I worked full time while I was on triple therapy and that was for 28 weeks. My biggest issues were anemia and dehydration. My job required standing and at the end of the day I would be happy to have made it thru. Yes it was hard, but my determination was steadfast. Mental attitude is really important and the treatment drugs can mess with your head. On my days off I took it easy. Total rest.
Also I had the discipline of regular exercise, so I made myself do it. It was a minimum workout but it really helped me get thru tx.

I hope you have a good doctor and best wishes to you,
C
Thank you.  I did have the PCR test I think.  The is the one w/ the VL 440,000.  He told me over the phone.  Really glad to have found a this site.  Will keep you updated.
My husband has worked full time through 3 treatments. It's not easy but do-able, just takes planning.
Advocate1955
With the non-interferon treatments a couple of years away, find out what your genotype, IL28B, fibrosure test says. Depending how these test come back you DR might want a liver biopsy. You might have the time to wait.

I worked the whole time I was on treatment but sit at a desk.  Everyone at the office helped me with shopping, lunch, trips to bank, post office and many more.  I was blessed with so many care givers that got me through the 48 weeks.  If I had a strenuous job that demanded physical labor I could not have done it. My brain and fingers still worked on a keyboard, I'm the trouble shooter at the office and could still carry might work load.
Hope you are stage 0 or 1.  Good luck!