Hepatitis C Community
Just got approved-- starting meds 2/7/14

This forum is for questions about medical issues and research aspects of Hepatitis C such as, questions about being newly diagnosed, questions about current treatments, information and participation in discussions about research studies and clinical trials related to Hepatitis. If you would like to communicate with other people who have been touched by Hepatitis, please visit our new Hepatitis Social/Living with Hepatitis forum

I have type 4, with low numbers. Got the Sovaldi from Vons pharmacy, am picking up interferon and ribavirin on Friday, and am going to start on February 7th. Will be taking it for 12 weeks. Looking forward to doing this, have been healthy, any suggestions on preparation? Am nervous about giving myself the interferon injections.
Good luck. I have not done treatment yet and will not be on interferon when I do. That said, the self-injection thing, I do understand.

You need to be in the mindset that you are doing it to someone else or to something inanimate (like an orange - a thin-skinned one). In fact, try practicing on one. Try to remove the emotion from it (injecting yourself). It is something you simply do, and move on, as it doesn't hurt (like brushing your teeth, trimming your nails). In fact, once you have done it a few times, it is likely that you will find yourself in that mindset (i.e., just something you need to do).

I wish you luck. Jo
Good luck with your treatment. I think for a lot of us...the anticipation of the first injection was the worst but once you do it...the next ones not such a big deal. You will be alright.
Thanks for the tips. I have nurse friends to help me too if I chicken out. I have gotten really healthy the last several months, walking at the zoo every morning, watching my diet, have lost weight. Feel great! I don't understand many of the terms people are using in their posts. I will probably learn them as I go along.