Hepatitis C Community
Kept in the dark

This forum is for questions about medical issues and research aspects of Hepatitis C such as, questions about being newly diagnosed, questions about current treatments, information and participation in discussions about research studies and clinical trials related to Hepatitis. If you would like to communicate with other people who have been touched by Hepatitis, please visit our new Hepatitis Social/Living with Hepatitis forum

Kept in the dark

I am hoping someone will be able to better explain the life expectancy of a 31-year-old male who has had Hep C for a minimum of 4 years; suffered a heart attack 2 years ago; shortness of breath with exertion; swelling of arms and legs;  multiple hospitalizations after which the swelling improves, bleeding in vomit and urination/stools, severe allergic reactions to Interferon with three attempts at treatment; and may be showing signs of encephalopathy.  I understand there may be enlarging of his liver.  These symptoms describe someone close to our family, and I am trying to brace myself for what may lie ahead.  I appreciate your advice.  
Tags: hep c
did you have liver biopsy and endoscopy? your swelling can be cardiac and blood in so many places due to cardiac drugs. Ask your doc if you have advanced cirrhosis or not
Avatar n tn
Hey, sounds like your loved one has had a pretty bad time of it...there may be something that can help extend his life expectancy (or at least make him more comfortable while he's alive). On www.hepchelp.com there is some info you might be interested in. It is a natural, non-debilitating way to reverse the effects of Hep C. It might also help with all of his other ailments. Well, go check it out and see what you think,

Good luck to you,

Wanting_To_Help
Dee1956 commented on Belle313's status
3 mins ago
Dee1956 commented on photo
8 mins ago
MH Community Mgr commented on photo
Track your weight over time