Knot on Wrist
This may be a dumb question. Today I noticed a knot about the size of a small grape has formed on the side of my wrist. As some of you know, I have just recently started tx. My question is, could this be a tx side that I haven’t heard about, or just a coincidence?
It sounds like a coincidence to me. I have never heard of that side effect. I had a ganglion cyst below my ankle for many years. Eventually, I had it surgically removed. Did you recently injure your wrist or bang it?
Tx does wacky things with the skin. Keep an eye on it. Meanwhile, if you haven't already, do some research and have a good dermatologist in your back pocket in case you need them. This could be the beginning of something else, or just nothing.

-- Jim
GrandmaA, I have been “Cloudy Headed” so maybe I hit it on something at work and just don't remember
jmjm530   I will keep an eye on it for a few days and see what happens
Thanks R Glass

I had all sorts of weird skin stuff erupt in the first couple of weeks after starting TX, and I've had a variety of ever changing dermatological problems for the past 13 months.

In the first month i developed purplish lesions on the leg - idiopathic thrombocytopenic purpura - and it was all down hill from there.

I've had bumps (cycts) on the corner of the eye, above the eyebrow, in the armpit, in my nose, on my nostrils - the latest one is on my cheek, below my eye.

the good news is all of the eruptions disappeared by themselves after a couple of weeks.

At first every new problem flipped me out.  now I've become resigned to the fact it seems to be another TX SX.

if there is ANY pain involved, I'd see a Dr. ASAP.

wyntre
No pain at all. By the way it just suddenly appeared out of no where, I think GrandmaA may be on to something about "banging my wrist" I'll just watch it and see what happens. If it doesn't go away, I'll see a Dr. Thanks for your reply, R. Glass
I would get a pimple on my arm and wonder if it was a tx side......GrandmaA mentioned a ganglion cyst which is very common....it just rises up from nowhere and people use to get rid of them (temporarily) by banging them with a book. Try that!:)
Bug
My mother has a small lump on her forehead, I think she said that was it, was is it? if you know...hope youre both well...
Ms. bug--Too Funny! My grandpa was an old time doctor and when I was young, I developed a cyst on top of my foot. He said he could fix it with the bible, and sent me to get it off the shelf. I watched with disbelief as he *slammed* my foot with the bible; after he was done, he called it a "bible bump". Darn thing disappeared permanently, I've always wondered about the mechanics of it though :o).

R Glass- I had a series of cysts prior to treatment that needed attention. About the size of grapes, they would appear on my thighs, back, and arms. Doctor would open them up, and scrape the cyst wall, eventually my body would disolve whatever was left. I have no idea if this was HCV related or not; however, they haven't re-occured since begining treatment a few years ago.

Good luck with your treatment experience- I've been at it for a while now with a minimum of side effects this time. If it starts geting old, dust off your sense of humor and try to remember that at least it's finite.

Take care,

Bill
I got blind pimples I think thats what they are after shot 2. In my eyebrows on my hand and finger.
Its not red just a bump the size of half a penny. Some are sore, some are itchy, some do nothing at all? Odd.
I have one too on the side of my wrist. I have a truly brilliant PCP and when I asked him what it was he said: " It's this" as he showed me the exact same thing on his wrist. I was taken back a bit so I don't have a clear recollection of any technical diagnosis but I think he said it was a cyst. I do remember very clearly that the thrust of his reply was that it was nothing to worry about. I hope you have the same thing because if my doctor wasn't worried then I know it's nothing serious. I still have it 1 year later and I believe it is smaller now. Mike
I agree with bug and grandma it sounds like a ganglion cyst i had one after my twins were born and went away after a while...
I developed small cysts on my fingers and eyelid late in my 48 week treatment. They weren't painful in the least. My study co-ordinator thought they were interferon-related. The good news was they disappeared when I finished treatment. Good luck.
  Mike, sounds like the exact same thing.
I called my Gastro. today and she said it really doesn't sound like it is tx related and for me to call my regular. Dr. I have an appointment tomorrow @ 11:30 I do plan on asking him about ladybug52 and Bill1954's “Crush it with a Book” remedy. I will let ya'll know what he say's tomorrow. Thanks again for all of the replies, R. Glass

If it feels like its a cyst, or fluid filled, it is in a place where ganglions are very typical.  They develop from the nerve root, frequently, as Grandma said, after an injury.

They develop many times around the joints of the feet and hands.  That's very true that a folk remedy was to take a heavy book and slam it down on the ganglion and burst it.  Sometimes it worked permanently and sometimes many of these "Bible" applications were necessary because the cyst would just fill up over and over.  There is no real reason to remove it though unless you feel its unsightly OR if it hurts.  Sometimes over time it will swell or move a tiny bit and then it will be over a nerve area, particularly when on the wrist, that makes it hurt every time you do certain activities.  If that happens they do a little day surgery and remove it along with the nerve root so it doesn't grow back.  They can do it under a local anesthetic without putting you all the way under.

I had one removed from my right wrist in college because it hurt when I wrote.  My brother had one removed from his foot because it hurt when he played soccer.  I would go to your regular doc though and make SURE that's what it is before you decide what to do so you make sure you aren't ignoring something that's more serious.
RGlass: This may be a dumb question. Today I noticed a knot about the size of a small grape has formed on the side of my wrist...
---------------------------------------------------------
Just to be prudent, have you ascertained that indeed this is not a small grape stuck on the side of your wrist? Sometimes you just can tell what's, what, when on the tx drugs.

-- Jim
Too funny Jim. We were definately straying from Occam's razor, huh :o)?
:) BTW funny vid I think you'd like on the other forum: "Monkey See.."

Hope this finds you well and hanging in there this holiday season.

-- Jim
The Verdict is in and The Mystery is Solved.
I just got home from The Dr’s. Office and here is The Talley.
Everyone that said it is not tx related-CORRECT
Everyone that said it is a Ganglion Cyst –CORRECT
Everyone that said it probably was a Grape stuck to my wrist (Jim) (INCORRECT)
Everyone that said “Smash it with a Book” –CORRECT although he would not recommend it, he did say, “Your Supposed to use The Family Bible”
Here is a video of the Miraculous Healing by smashing a Ganglion Cyst.  It is called “Bible Therapy.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=57VGLzg9-EQ&feature=related
RG: Everyone that said it probably was a Grape stuck to my wrist (Jim) (INCORRECT)
---------------------------------------------------
And you expect me to take your word for this? If it looks like a grape, tastes like a grape, and smashes like a grape -- I say it's a grape. What kind of doctor did you go to anyway, a hepatologist perhaps? They don't know a grape from crepe. What you need is a Grapeologist. They have more experience in these things and  can usually be found at your larger Vineries.

-- Jim
And, oh, yeah ... bible bashing has no place on a public forum.
lol
Thanks for that youtube link.  I tried it and it worked, although it was painful at first.  
Oh Great, now I have to try it. I will have my son pound it for me with a phone book when he comes over this weekend. I will let you know how it goes.