Hepatitis C Community
Lamisil Toxic Reaction?

This forum is for questions about medical issues and research aspects of Hepatitis C such as, questions about being newly diagnosed, questions about current treatments, information and participation in discussions about research studies and clinical trials related to Hepatitis. If you would like to communicate with other people who have been touched by Hepatitis, please visit our new Hepatitis Social/Living with Hepatitis forum

Lamisil Toxic Reaction?

Has anyone had any experance with a toxic drug reation, and have any suggestions about time frame to get better, or medication I should consider. I am seeing a GI doctor, but know one seems to have any direct experance with this. My Liver blood test have been very bad for about 3 weeks, My last Biliruben was 11.3 and my AST is 403 and my ALT is 686, and the GGT is 1074. This of course has placed my Cholestrol to above 600. I am taken Predinsone, have no fever or pain. My concern is that there has been no change, things seem to be holding. I am dibetic and controling this with high insulin doses (Predinsone drives my suger very high over 600 regularly). I am in the Los Angeles area, if anyone has any suggestions on a speaclist they know, or any history on this kind of reaction please let me know. Note all hepatitus (hepatitis) tests are negative, and Ultrasound was clean.
Dr. Robert Gish, San Francisco
Liver Specialist (Hepatologist)
If too far to travel, maybe his office can recommend someone more local.
http://tinyurl.com/jdceu
I agree that a visit to a specialist heptologist is certainly in order.  Your numbers are so elevated I'd be worried too.  But as said above I know why mine are. That helps a LOT.

I'd advise making an appt ASAP and not stopping until you figure out what it is and how to stop it.

Best of luck!
Don't know anything about your condition without HCV, but I understand that neither steroids nor lamisil are necessarily liver-neutral.
How ya doin post-trx? plant that tree yet? Your doin yardwork and we're gettin snow....
My liver enzymes were very low, just a few points over range.  The only reason my doctor tested me was they had stayed that way over three years (since I started seeing her).  But if you tested negative for hepatitis, I wouldn't worry about having hepatitis. If you are still worried, ask for another test.

I had jaundice and was diagnosed with non A/non B in the early 80's about the time I got a tattoo.  The doctor attributed it to birth control pills (which were hormone heavy back then)and he took me off.  They just didn't know back then.  Fast forward 23 years and here I am, on 48 weeks of treatment.

Just try to improve your diet and exercise, you only have one body!
your high GGT indicates med toxicity. waht other meds are you on. prednisilone doesnt have a great effect on the liver
All is well here. On vacation this week, with the kids on spring break.
Been meaning to ask, you have coverage or a way to get the procrit?  I know the meds are taken care of.
Yup!!! procritline magnaminously stepped up to the plate-i'm good for 1 year of 40,000 units per week!!  I also managed to wrangle unto another health insurance plan....tho the program may top out rather quickly whatwith my pharma& lab costs...But i refuse to worry 'bout future stumblin blocks -Carpe Diem!!!!!...enjoy your vacation my friend,you have sure earned it....
FAN-Fing-TASTIC!

I think it feels so GREAT to know that you are preapproved like that doesn't it? And dont worry - if they DO boost you up to 2x a week or something for a while, it will still work out as long as you are already approved.  :)

Thank the Lord for Procrit where would be be without it my friend? (Well we'd all be laying in our beds cryin' that's where we'd be LOL)

Hey sweetpea!! ya just luv the thot of me 'jammin& plungein" more meds into my 'muscular thighs eh? my dancing days ain't over yet...When they say 'it ain't over til the fatlady sings'?? where we gonna find a fatlady on this forum?? Hope yur havin a good day-relatively speakin-i know yur at work,takin care of business;don't get that boss a yurs all hot-n- bothered today;ahh heck twist the twit into a pretzel if makes ya feel any bettr!!! You are sucha breath of fresh air & sunshine-THANKS for the support!
Glad the procrit worked out. Theres also help for neupogen in case you would need it. Best of luck to you
Try Dr. John Donovan at USC. He is easy to talk to and very thorough. His number is 323-442-5100.