Hepatitis C Community
Learning all about it

This forum is for questions about medical issues and research aspects of Hepatitis C such as, questions about being newly diagnosed, questions about current treatments, information and participation in discussions about research studies and clinical trials related to Hepatitis. If you would like to communicate with other people who have been touched by Hepatitis, please visit our new Hepatitis Social/Living with Hepatitis forum

Learning all about it

I have met a great wooman a few weeeks ago and we are getting along great. I was just told (by her) that she has Hepatitis. I don't what type but she says "don't worry, you can't catch anything" I am now reading up on the types a,b, & c and see that this isn't exactly a true statement. She says it's just hepatitis and not a,b, or c. Is that true???? Can you just have hepatitis w/ no a,b, or c?????? Are all 3 dangerious to me??? We are VERY sexually involved, is this a problem??????
she could have autoimune hepatitis or many of the others non viral "itis".
do a search for the non viral ones or just ask her which one she has, it would save you time and worry.
GL
Avatar n tn
Main Entry: hep
Avatar n tn
It would be reasonable to ask her to explain more to you about her condition as close as you appear to be.I would hope that she would be willing to volunteer info to you to put your mind at ease. frank
Avatar n tn
<a href="http://www.cdc.gov/ncidod/diseases/hepatitis/a/">Hepatitis A: Index | CDC Viral Hepatitis</a>
If she doesn't know, suggest that finds out from her doctor.

If it is hepatitis c, it's a type of hepatitis that isn't considered sexually transmitted and condoms aren't generally recommended for monagamous couples.

On the other hand, some studies suggest there may be a low percentage of transmission, so it's really an individual decision to use condoms or not.

Until you find out what's up, don't use any of her personal items like a toothbrush, nail file, razor, etc, that might have a micro-droplets of blood on it. Hepatitis C is transmitted by blood to blood contact.

Dee1956 commented on dointime's status
dointime SVR July 2016 Comment
Dee1956, and 10356 commented on VICourageous's status
Track your weight over time