Hepatitis C Community
Life Insurance

This forum is for questions about medical issues and research aspects of Hepatitis C such as, questions about being newly diagnosed, questions about current treatments, information and participation in discussions about research studies and clinical trials related to Hepatitis. If you would like to communicate with other people who have been touched by Hepatitis, please visit our new Hepatitis Social/Living with Hepatitis forum

Life Insurance

I am having problems finding a life insurance company that will sell life insurance to me since I have Hepatitis C.  Can anyone out there help me locate an Life Insurance Company who is willing to insure someone with Hepatitis C. I live in Maryland, and was hoping someone could give me a name and telephone number of an Life Insurance Company who accepts Hepatitis C patients.

Thank you so much.
Avatar n tn
I believe we are un-insurable until we have been undetectable  for 5 years after tx (treatment)
Avatar n tn
Even then, you may only be able to qualify for very small ($5000) policies.  

Avatar n tn
Try Hartford.  They've insured me despite my Hep C status.  (Of course I'm paying more a month than a healthy person but at least it's not an too much).
What a good question. I have been turned down by 3 different companies so far. My present one wants me to fill out an updated sheet but I have been stalling since I have had this disease for longer than my insurance I am afraid they will call it a preexisting condition even though I didn't know about it back then.
Avatar n tn
I got life insurance (not a huge sum) before I knew my Hep C status, so I am covered, I dont think they have the right to cancel you if you found out you have it after the policy went into effect.
Avatar n tn
Try Globe. They sent me an ad that said pre-existing was OK. Only the highest it goes is 20,000. Look at 1dollarglobe.com for info on it. It will take your info and send you a quote. Best I can remember, (haha) it was not that complicated.
Good luck!
Avatar n tn
are you sureabout globe? i get those app's all the time and it has that question they all do, do you now or ever had a liver disease? it really is a bummer especially when you have children. they obviously all believe hepC is a death sentence, although we all know it aint.
Welcome new member.
FYI this is a real old post.  The original poster hasn't posted since 2002 of all those members who replied to here, the most recent any post anywhere on MedHelp was in 2007. It highly unlikely any of them sillier see your reply.  

The hourglass symbol means it's and old question.  If there haven't been any meaningful replies in a long time or if you have a specific concern, it's better to post a new question . You can hover over or click any members linked name to see their profile and last post or reply.
Dee1956 commented on ChitChatNine's status
59 mins ago
Robert000 your status can't be blank Comment
Dee1956 Meegy has 77 days, so proud... Comment
Track your weight over time