Hepatitis C Community
Lip sores

This forum is for questions about medical issues and research aspects of Hepatitis C such as, questions about being newly diagnosed, questions about current treatments, information and participation in discussions about research studies and clinical trials related to Hepatitis. If you would like to communicate with other people who have been touched by Hepatitis, please visit our new Hepatitis Social/Living with Hepatitis forum

Lip sores

This has probably been covered here, but when I start reading previous posts I get sidetracked and never make it through. I could absolutely sit here all day and read posts if I had the time! This forum is absolutely the most interesting and informative thing ever! Thanks to all of you for making this road easier!!

Question is:  He gets frequent mouth sores, but we got the Biotene (thanks for suggesting that!!) and it seems to help, problem is he's been getting a line of sore spots along his top lip. Not blistery sores like canker sores or fever blisters, just very small, VERY angry red spots that are very sore. Is this something anyone else has dealt with? And if so, HOW did you deal with it?
Tags: sores, lips
I am using the Biotene as well, with good results.  The only other thing I have tried on the outside is (this is gonna sound gross) Vagisil.  Twice I have gotten those cracks on the corners of my lips...and I had read here somewhere that that would work.  And it does....usually only after a day or 2......so maybe give that  a try?  

Or if it's the red dot rash from the riba....maybe a cortisone cream would work?? I use desoximetasone 0.25% cream in the am and ointment in the pm.

Hopefully someone will pop in with some other options. But if he is not better by Monday, I would defo call the doc. No sense in being any more miserable than ya gotta be  thru all this.  

Good luck.
Thrush?
You could try aloe vera.
Nope, not thrush -  They look similar to canker sores, but they are not white and they are not inside his mouth, they are all along the edge of his upper lip. They aren't ulcerated like a fever blister, but they do crack open and bleed if he doesn't keep them moisturized with a lip balm.
Mouth is dry and cracked I am just trying to drink a lot and use lots of lotion & chapstick.