Hepatitis C Community
Liver Cirrhosis Stage 4

This forum is for questions about medical issues and research aspects of Hepatitis C such as, questions about being newly diagnosed, questions about current treatments, information and participation in discussions about research studies and clinical trials related to Hepatitis. If you would like to communicate with other people who have been touched by Hepatitis, please visit our new Hepatitis Social/Living with Hepatitis forum

Liver Cirrhosis Stage 4

My mum is 63 years old. She is diabetic, has high BP and Osteoporosis. Her diabetes is not always in control and it is going in roller coaster for last couple of years. Recently she was suffering from not having appetite at all. So she went to doctor for Jaundice test. In a series of test it is revealed that she has Liver Cirrhosis stage 4 (F4). She has a Liver stiffness 14.5 Kpa which I believe is double the stiffness of normal healthy lever. She is having symptoms like being fatigued, no appetite, weight gain etc. Still no symptoms of EDEMA. Irony is medical system in the country is not great. To be honest we did not get clear direction from the doctor at all about the next step. Her Cirrhosis is most probably NAFLD related. She never smoked, never did she drink alcohol in her life.  I have seen many of the Cirrhosis patients die within a year of being diagnosed for the disease. In my country Cirrhosis is like death sentence. The doctors and medical system are just not equipped and trained to treat this disease. I am from Bangladesh. Could anyone suggest what step shall we take next.