Hepatitis C Community
Low HGB

This forum is for questions about medical issues and research aspects of Hepatitis C such as, questions about being newly diagnosed, questions about current treatments, information and participation in discussions about research studies and clinical trials related to Hepatitis. If you would like to communicate with other people who have been touched by Hepatitis, please visit our new Hepatitis Social/Living with Hepatitis forum

Low HGB

FLGuy-NYGirl-Jim, hi friends, you were all right about lowering Riba.  Finally heard from Liver guy today - lowered riba to 800mg per day - will see hemo on Monday - The liver guy feels I am so close - doesn't want to stop now - I am trying to take it easy - only worked till 2 - didn't feel too bad early am and pm now (its 7;30 here) I have had it. I hope the worst is over.
Sounds like a good decision and reasonale.  Even with dropping a riba a day, you still have a good amount for your weight.  I hope that the intersecting of reduced riba and procrit makes you feel better soon.  The worst is over, you've got 41 down and the end is in sight.  Glad that the liver guys wants you to on.
Thank you for always being here to listen and help. There are some days that this tx just drains the very life out of us. If there is one positive side to all this, its that I will ALWAYS appreciate the simple things in life I took for granted. Take Care my friend!!
I hope that one effect of the hgb is that sleep comes easy for you.