Hepatitis C Community
Made a stupid mistake

This forum is for questions about medical issues and research aspects of Hepatitis C such as, questions about being newly diagnosed, questions about current treatments, information and participation in discussions about research studies and clinical trials related to Hepatitis. If you would like to communicate with other people who have been touched by Hepatitis, please visit our new Hepatitis Social/Living with Hepatitis forum

Made a stupid mistake

Hey guys I am new here and before I ask my question I'd like to say thank you for your help.
Let me start from the beginning. First thing you should know is that I usually take care of my male parts by that I mean I trim and shave my pubic hair. Second this past summer I had a huge fight with my girlfriend and we broke up.
So in a particular Friday (1 week after breaking up with my gf) I did my personal hygiene and decided to go to a strip club, in there this girl offered me sexual service and out of weakness and loneliness I accepted, we had sex and I used condom.
Four days later my gf called me and we I got back together and we had make up sex (initially w/o condom = 3-5 min and then w/ condom)
Around 10 weeks or 11 weeks after the sex with the stripper, I started to experience this cramping pain under my right rib cage (RUQ) that comes and goes  (last for 5 seconds and I feel around 5 times a day) sometimes it is also dull. I first was skeptical because I protected myself then I remembered that I shaved my male parts that Friday so now I am thinking that I may have had a micro opening in the base of my penis. So I got an STD test 12 weeks later and it was negative for HIV and HCV but I am still feeling this pain in the right side of my belly (6 weeks now). My questions
1- Is it possible I contracted HCV?
2- Are my results conclusive? If not when should I retest now (18 weeks) or at 24 weeks?
3- Can acute hep c only cause RUQ pain?
4- Could I have transmitted it to my gf? should I tell her what is going on?
Thank you and sorry for the long story
and a gracious welcome to the forum. i hope you and your "manscape" are doing most extremely well tonight. HCV is transmitted blood to blood. so as long as you had a jiffy on you should be tip top, from the tip to the top. the only way to know if you have been exposed to any disease is to see a doctor and get tested.

have a tip top day. and go easy on that manscape.
"2- Are my results conclusive? If not when should I retest now (18 weeks) or at 24 weeks?"

How soon after exposure to HCV can anti-HCV be detected?

HCV infection can be detected by anti-HCV screening tests (enzyme immunoassay) 4–10 weeks after infection. Anti-HCV can be detected in >97% of persons by 6 months after exposure.

http://www.cdc.gov/hepatitis/HCV/HCVfaq.htm#c5

"should I tell her what is going on?"

Absolutely
Thank you both for commenting and yes I just checked the CDC site and it says that in average the anti HCV test is positive 10 weeks after infection, which makes me think that the majority of people should be positive by the 10th week but then it says 6 months is ideal. But is this like HIV testing, by that I mean at 12 week all healthy people would produce the antibody and only the immune compromised would take longer like 6 months to have a reactive antibody test?
You never had a risk, if you really want to test again, 6 months would be absolutely conclusive using the antibodies test

Have a great day