Medical Records
I always hear people on the forum tracing back their medical records... How do i go about doing that?? Do i actually go to every doctor i've been to since i was born?? which is pretty impossible..or is their a better easier way of doing this??? and is their a way to trace back records from my father who has been deceased for over 15 years?? maybe this should be on the social forum, so sorry if this is on the wrong forum... thank you
I called my old doctors and got what copies I could of my blood tests. Sometimes they don't have them anymore.
i gues that ***** for me cuz i would like every blood test i ever had...lol shoot even my fathers
Some medical providers destroy their records after 7 years which I think is a crime, but they are allowed to do it by law.

If you are interested in your records, send a letter to each and every medical provider you've seen and ask them for copies.  You might be surprised to find how many still do have your records.  It's worth a try and the letters don't take that long to do.  I suggest doing it by letter because then they will have your signature.  If you call and ask, they will tell you to come in and sign a release.

It's best to send a written request that includes your birth date and any name changes you might have had and be prepared to have to pay something for the copies.  As I mentioned above, make sure you sign the letter.

i guess my problem is if they even have the records... i still really dont know the names of the dr's and providers i use to go to when i was younger... I probably had at least 5 different types of doctors... i know the type of insureance i had from when i was born until i was 18 but they said they dont have any records that i ever had the insurance... Not sure what to do now..
You don't necessarily have to know each doctor's individual name but you would have to know the names and addresses of the clinics or medical centers that you want the records from.  Yes, sometimes the childhood records are the hardest to find because it was our parents that took us and we weren't necessarily even aware of who we saw.