Hepatitis C Community
Messed up!

This forum is for questions about medical issues and research aspects of Hepatitis C such as, questions about being newly diagnosed, questions about current treatments, information and participation in discussions about research studies and clinical trials related to Hepatitis. If you would like to communicate with other people who have been touched by Hepatitis, please visit our new Hepatitis Social/Living with Hepatitis forum

Messed up!

Has anyone messed up on there first shot with the click pen? Cuz this girl sure did cried my eyes out. It was like watching it in slowmo saying NOOOOOOO go back in. What do I do now? I just wasted one shot.
Exactly what went wrong, did you just have some leakage after the shot ? If so a little can look like a lot.
No the whole shot came out. It's a click pen and I clicked it alright. On the floor that is. Nothing left in the pen.
If it were me I would use another then contact the maker or the pharmacy and get a replacement, I think you can get one for free
I would do what hrsepwrguy said and just use another one. Are you on PegIntron with the Redipen or Pegasys with the Proclick?
  Yeah, you have one months worth, right?  So, if none got under your skin, you need to do another, otherwise the Ribaviran pills wont work, because they boost the Interferon.
  Then contact your Specialty Pharmacy, as soon as they are open, and explain what happened. They are used to this kind of thing happening.
I have one months worth. Since I messed up I did make the second one count. I feel like such an idiot but I guess it does happen. I'm going to call my pharmacy and see what I or my dr can do.
Congrats you got your first out of the way :), no worries, $_it happens, you shouldn't have any problems getting a replacement
  Good going! I found it was very important to be calm and focused, during shot time. I would even put my reading glasses on, and used my kitchen, where there was the best lighting~
Hey you are doing great on your own. When I had to use the RediPen I took my first shot right there in the doctor's office. The second time I had to do it on my own I had the directions out (which are the size of a road map unfolded) and had to flow the images of how to administer the shot frame-by-frame since I was not paying attention when I did the shot in the doctor's office!
I found out I had this in 08 I started treatment but it was just too much for me to handle. I watched several friends die  from hep-c and a friend is now not far from it. I am waiting a while for the newer drugs because I can't take the ones out right now I just wonder if I will survive that long. This is hard because my family doesn't need to know how bad it is and other than my Dr there is no one to talk to about this and even I get lost in the medical terms. Sometimes it seems I spent too much time trying to figure out how I even got this but thta doesn't really matter.I just hope I can wait till the new meds come out or I can make it through the treatment since it has changed but still since most people in the US have type 1 we don't really haave a cure we can just hope to put off the hep-c till something better comes along.
As hrsepwrguy said, $-! happens.  My husband had one that flew across the room.  All you can do is use another one and call the pharmacy, so you did exactly the right thing.
Advocate1955
I called the manufacture an they are going to replace the click pen that messed up. It was only at that time I was a wreck but then with the help of my fiancé and my roommate and this website. The crying was for nothing becuase its just $. I've got threw the hard part and that is the first shot. Which the first shot hasn't been to bad. Not may side effects other that  muscles aches and feeling run down. Thank god I still have an appetite.
There is not much more coming this year but since the drug company,s have found out how much money we are worth they want to find a way to extend our time but not make it any better the same with most doctors I had a hard time finding one and she is not yet even a Dr.I dont know how far along most of you are I am stage 4 so I guess I know time is short,and I am really just so tired of always being sick.The people around me think this is like having a cold,and I dont want to tell any body this is a death sentence.Someone should really find a way to have everyone they know tested so they can find out sooner and maybe they can do more so they don't are not this bad by the time they find out.