Hepatitis C Community
Military Veterans HCV Worse than thought

This forum is for questions about medical issues and research aspects of Hepatitis C such as, questions about being newly diagnosed, questions about current treatments, information and participation in discussions about research studies and clinical trials related to Hepatitis. If you would like to communicate with other people who have been touched by Hepatitis, please visit our new Hepatitis Social/Living with Hepatitis forum

Hello, I just found this information, it may not be brand new but it is new to me and hope it helps someone.  The rate of HCV in Vietnam Era Vets is worse than previously thought.

I have another article under my status that I will retrieve.  Now I am wondering if school children also received injections this way back then, with the air guns.  Someone on here mentioned it, Carl?

Does anyone remember?  Sorry to say, I have a scar on my arm, just can't remember.  Maybe for Polio? DUH!
I hope this helps someone on here or someone you know or love, I have shared this on Facebook as well.  I think this has been the Silent Killer for long enough.  This article talks about how people were shamed into silence.  I think the time for silence has ended.  We need to help delete the stigma from this virus so people will get tested and treated.  Ok, off my soapbox, love to everyone, Dee

https://asknod.wordpress.com/2014/02/15/veterans-high-rates-of-hcv-much-worse-than-previously-thought/
Thanks so much for posting this article. That is a way higher incidence than we have been led to believe previously. The number that has been thrown around was about 10% of Vietnamese Vets. People born in the early to mid 40's would have been the ones serving in Viet Nam. And that is where the prevalence rates shoot up. Very interesting, Dee. Appreciate your diligence and I agree that more needs to be done about awareness.