Missed interferon injection
I accidentally missed one dose of  weekly interferon injection in my seventh week of treatment with Pegasys/RBV.

Should the three month blood work (to measure viral load and determine if I stay on treatment ) be rescheduled for one week later, instead of week 12? I am worried that my missed dose could skew the lab results.
IMO, you should still get your 12 week bloodwork/vl done --
don't wait a week longer but you need to call your doc and ask.

BTW-What week of tx are you in now?

Hopefully this will ease your mind a bit-
my 12th  injection leaked badly.
It always looks like a bad leak whenever the syringe malfunctions but I lost a lot of meds.  I called the doc freakin' out!  I was due for my 12 vl and here all my peg ran down my belly instead of into it (Well not all of it but it sure looked that way)
He said don't worry, just go for your test and guess what--I was UND.

BUT-call your Doc on Monday, open communication with him/her is very important during your tx.
Good Luck...
enigma

I am sorry to tell you this but given the fact that you did miss a dose for which standard protocol specifically states, while patients may in earnest adhere to standard dosing protocol, if a dose should be missed during the first weeks of treatment that prior efforts should be null and void and to treat the first missed dose as the first and recalculation of the treatment schedule should be adjusted to reflect the schedule.

It appears that this has happened to you and for that any prior injection are now null and void. The should be a reminder that one needs to make these MEDICATIONS top priority even above your first born.

geterdone  
OMG, I am so sorry I did not follow up to say I was just kidding about the missed dose.

jasper

First of all, sorry that someone would have thoughtlessly posted such a "kidding" response to your missing a dose and then let forgot to send you a follow up for 10 hours. This is a support group and I do not think you were looking for some stranger to tell you that your last 6 weeks of treatment were in vain.
Secondly,call your doctor, let him know. He may note your file and that will be the end of it.
Finally, I know alot of people who have gone thru treatment and screwed up a dose. They agonized and moved on to the next shot and the next and then  to SVR.

20 lashes with a wet noodle for you!!
hi; i understand min. goal is to take 80% of your meds during tx; that is minimum; try not to forget anotherone; i'd tell my doc and keep trucking; for the whole tx your are still in the ballpark; however, missed doses are not that good of an idea;
good luck to you.
ciao
I’m kind of partial to leather but I guess a wet noodle will do, lol.
Boy what a blunder this was and hope I did not scare portann away from asking questions.

jasper
I calmed her down a bit I hope!
She'll be OK and will continue to post when questions arise.
She's still learning and stumbled across the right forum (til your answer!)  LOL
Be well...
enigma