Hepatitis C Community
My eye balls ache, what is this?

This forum is for questions about medical issues and research aspects of Hepatitis C such as, questions about being newly diagnosed, questions about current treatments, information and participation in discussions about research studies and clinical trials related to Hepatitis. If you would like to communicate with other people who have been touched by Hepatitis, please visit our new Hepatitis Social/Living with Hepatitis forum

My eye balls ache, what is this?

At first I thought it was a sinus headache with pressure around the eyes but when I close my eye lids and touch them I feel the pain in my eye balls them selves. Has anyone else experienced this? If not what do you think it is from?
Genteal eye gel works the best.  the drops make my eyes itch.  the gel is good to apply at night before you go to sleep.   interferon causes extremely dry eyes/skin.  Genteal eye gel contains no preservatives.  you can find it online.  just make sure its gel.  it was a good discovery for me.
OK. Let me get this image straight. Wearing Prada Sunglasses in bed while sweating profusely. Fellini would be proud :)

Hope this finds you well.

-- Jim
I did when I was treating... sometimes it got so bad, it felt like daggers jabbing in my eyes... don't know what it is, but it happened to me... I'm sorry it's happening to you....

Maybe someone here can enlighten us as to WHY that happens!
:)
haha Just checked in forum and saw this thread and didn't see "eye" at first,,,,What the heck lol  

Ok,,,Back to your question,,,are you on tx?  Because when I was on tx,,,mine ached all the time also.  They get dry and therefore you are straining more to see.  Try to use more eye drops and when your eyes get extremely tired,,,Give them a break!
trx meds can affect vision and certainly dries the eyes...
Hi there,  while I was on tx I had pains in my eyes and they talk about it being one of the sxs in the booklet that comes with the meds.  Hope you feel better soon.  With me, my eyes are now feeling better since being off meds for 4 months.

Beagle
You are going to bring out the troops for that post!!! LOL

I have eyeball (putting it together, so there is NO mistake LOL) problems too. Sometimes my eyes get SO dry they really hurt. Closing them and using the drops I have dont' work. It usually happens when my mouth and nose are dry too, so I drink lots of water. If someone has a good eye drop OTC, that would be great!

Migraines can cause eyeballs to feel like they are being stabbed. The pain is awful. If this is what is occurring, perhaps you have migraines? I know mine popped up again on tx after many years.

Good luck
Treatment can be very dehydrating, eyes as well. I used OTC artificial tears with some success. "Refresh Tears" is a pretty good brand. Experiment around starting with something labled "mild" or "moderate". The "strong" formulations, often gel, are best used at night because they blurr your vision. Do not use "Visine", it has meds in it that aren't good for repeated use.  If you havent' already, probably a good idea to see an opthomologist if you're treating -- symptons or no. You want to catch any serious problems early.

All the best.

-- Jim
may also cause doublevision,double vision,visionary doubles,ocular stutter,a host of vermin,a plague on your house,winking at pretty blondes,houseplants&rabbit dogs        hey mister...good to hear post trx sx's going,going,gone?
Oh yeah. Sunglasses, sunglasses, sunglasses. I never went outside without them during treatment. Even wore them inside at times :) Treat yourself and buy a couple of really expensive ones. I did and it turned a negative situation into a postive experience. Still love my two pair of Pradas :)

-- Jim
LMAO..That was Funny!!!!
:)
Yep, sunglasses are essential! I wear them in bed sometimes. LOL The sensitivity to light on tx has brought them out of my bag. Too bad Brian Fogg has stolen most of my expensive ones. Darn guy!! I will have to go buy some new ones. I wear Prada too. Wasn't that a movie?
I remember the movie now.... It is "The Devil Wears Prada". Yep, that's exactly what I look like sweating profusely, hair standing on end, red eyes, tx clothes that I have been in for days, in bed with my Prada sunglasses on. Oh, and I forgot the Riba rage. Biting peoples heads off as they come in the room. Getting that Halloween costume together and I don't even have to buy one!
I was reading here yesterday about women taking bites out of men while on treatment. Be careful now :)
oh yeah and I think it is the muscle b/c I look up and down and to the left and right and it all hurts!!!!! kind of feels like it is behind the eye
I got that same sensation from watching bikini clad girls mowing my lawn. Why they were willing to do that is altogether another story, but Honey is close.

OK. Kidding aside. I do know what your talking about. Like the eye balls are almost swollen, right. Tender to the touch through the lids. Not unlike a highschoolers case of blue balls but with different balls. Do I have it nailed?

I dunno what causes it. Almost feels like extra blood pressure to the eye balls. Weird stuff. Sorry I can't help with more than telling you you're not alone. Good luck.

hurting eyeballs can be due to eyestrain.  try giving urself a break from websurfing.

also, the homeopathic medicine Ruta works really well for eyestrain.  get a Ruta compound and try it...it'll fix u in a few dayz.
behind my eyes hurts Tylonol usually helps.It feels like a headache sunglasses work well too
Curious if any of you experiencing the eye pain also have some kind of sinus thing going on, maybe chronic sinus?

miss
no... sinus is fine, mine feels like the muscle in back of the eyeball.
Jeffy... I think your looking too much. Try not looking as much and see if that helps. If your eyeballs hurt when you close your eyes and press on them.... stop doing that.

LOL Yes  jeffy , I am a wiseguy , but I dont mean any disrespect..

Have a good day.
Hi I have the same problem... my eyeballs are always hurting.... and they are not DRY.  I dont know what the hell is wrong with them I told my doctor and he didnt seem to care. It reminds me of when I had a fever but only I dont have One... It really makes me nervous b/c I hate having sx they make me think something is really wrong.
Yes, I tried that out biting on John, but it didn't do it for me. I thought maybe I had found my solution to getting enough fat to take my Riba with. Guess I will have to stick to my new craving, pudding snacks!
i've had these eye aches too.  so did my sister, and she doesnt have hcv.  

i think revenire was right about it potentially being a seriuos problem, but it might also be simple eyestrain.
I believe they tell you (when you start tx) that it could affect your eye sight & possibly cause other occular probs. I know my doc did.  The first month or two of tx, my eyes hurt terribly, but it's not as bad now (I'm in 32/48).  Although my eyesight is now alot worse.  Especially when trying to read smaller print in bad lighting.  Hopefully when I finish tx, my eyes will get better.  I also notice my eyes tear alot easier.
I have the exact same thing.  It feels like the muscles behind my eyes hurt (giving me a headache) and when I close my eyes and touch the lids over my eyeballs, they are so sore!  The muscles also hurt when I look around or open them. I don't think they're dry (been using drops), it's just that this causes my ACTUAL eyeballs to hurt. Please help me - anybody??
I've had the behind the eye muscle ache as well, but it generally goes away after a few days.

I actually had it really bad a couple of months in and was worried that I was going to have to stop treatment altogether because the pain got to be almost unbearable. Found out that I had a cracked tooth that became infected and the pain felt exactly like the "normal" eye pain, only worse. For some crazy reason, the actual tooth didn't start hurting for a week or so. So, you might want to get your teeth checked.

The only other thing I can offer is to drink lots of water. All of my symptoms get better when I drink plenty of water. Also, I really try to wear sunglasses as much as possible.