Hepatitis C Community
My skin hurts

This forum is for questions about medical issues and research aspects of Hepatitis C such as, questions about being newly diagnosed, questions about current treatments, information and participation in discussions about research studies and clinical trials related to Hepatitis. If you would like to communicate with other people who have been touched by Hepatitis, please visit our new Hepatitis Social/Living with Hepatitis forum

My skin hurts

My skin hurts when my clothes touch it.  Anybody else get this?

Finally got the procrit today.  Hope it will help soon with the fatigue.  Doc says it will help the headaches too?
I've heard others complain of sensitive skin. That happens to me sometimes but it just feels like the flu to me, where even the sheets are irritating to my skin. I still have headaches but have only done 2 weeks of procrit. I actually take tylenol, sparingly, for the headaches, I feel guilty about that but the headaches are usually due to fever.
Good luck, hope you feel better soon.
Bug
i used flannel sheets on tx.  and very soft cotton clothing.
You better believe it. I have bad rashes on my arms. I think it got worse during the anemia and has been getting better although that may be in my head. The itching comes and goes. I think the procrit will make you feel mucho better. Which reminds me, I need to pull a
vial out and let it warm up. I do my procrit on Sat. nights.
hope things improve for you. i have no knowledge of procrit, other than what i read here, sorry.
yes, and not just where the rash is.  I wear soft loose clothing, and use flannel sheets too -   to me, it seems to hurt most in those places where the clothing is "tightP (even just a little).  I don't know why it happens, I just dont wear anything tight or sythetic anymore.  I don't know anything about procrit.
Depanding on how bad things re -- Try to avoid wool or any tight, synthetic material touching your skin. Try loose soft cotton clothes, preferably white. Silk "long john" underwear (white again) can be worn under clothes or by themselves. Soft white cotton or flannel sheets and pillowcases. Wash all clothing and bed linens frequently. (I changed pillow cases daily). Use non-perfumed laundry detergent or similar and rinse everything twice. Less can be more with moisturizes so avoid those with perfumes and too many additivies. Overuse of pore-clogging moisturizes can cause fungal and bacterial issues.  I used Cetaphil Cream only at bedtime. Shot showers and not baths and use luke warm water, never hot or cold. Pat dry gently as if you were drying a baby. Stay out of sun and away from cold if possible. Try a humidfier but make sure it's cleaned daily or you can risk respiratory inrections. If discomfort continues and rash or leisions develop see a dermatologist.

Hope you feel better soon,

-- Jim
Good luck with your new job. Hope the procrit helps. I'll be thinking of you.
Bug
I just looked up symptoms of anemia here:http://www.ehealthmd.com/library/anemia/ANM_symptoms.html
and headaches are listed as a symptom. I don't have a headache today, but yesterday I took the max tylenol and still felt it all day. I had labs drawn last Thurs. I wonder if the procrit is boosting the hgb yet. Some say you just learn to live with the low hgb. I'm adjusting my pace that's for sure.
Bug
Thanks for all of the suggestions.  I'll try the ones I can.

Hmmm...so creams aren't good for you?  I've been using lotion because when I get itchy I can't scratch (it hurts) so I just rub some lotion on.  I don't have any visible rash, only the itching and pain.

I start a new job tomorrow, and just this week (#16 tonite) it seems like I'm really getting hammered by sides.  That figures.
My skin's driving me nuts, too.

Someone on the forum suggested satin sheets.  I couldn't afford those so I got a couple of sets of high-thread-count sateen ones.

I also splurged on three pairs of satin pajamas (got 'em on sale for 9 bucks a pair.  They feel soooo good next to my skin I hate changing into anything else, even when I do manage to get out of the house.
My skin killed me where my bra would rub and things like that.  Other than those things I tried to moisturize as often as possible to offset it.  It helps a LOT if you can cover up your skin with a good thick lotion like Gold Bond.
My skin hurts but there is no rash, itch, or any other mark, so it sounds doubtful it is Hep C, Herpes, Panic disorder, etc. Its just the skin so doesnt appear to be fibromyalgia. I have always bruised easily, by coincidence (?).  I could literally draw a line around each area that aches. Has anyone been diagnosed with this? I need to tell my Dr. in my August physical but the whole issue sounds nutty!
I've had luck using Cural healing lotion after I shower every day.  But, I had a severe rash early on didn't start using the Cural until it subsided.

I have one area of my wrist that continusly hurts to the touch.  It hurts even if clothing touches it.  Weird, it's only one wrist.

I also use silk pjs - helps a lot!
My skin is VERY sensitive, especially when its cold.
I was told by a doctor that it is a symptom of a thyroid problem.