NP reduced inf, but..
about 2 weeks ago, my platelets had dropped from 89 to 57, so my NP reduced my inf to 1/2 dose. she originally wanted to pull me off altogether. after reading imput from you guys, i realized she may have been a bit conservative in her approach. so that week i did 1/2 dose of inf, and the next week i did 3/4, just to see where my labs would go(yeah, i know, self-treating). well, my platelets went back up to 90. i talked to my NP on the phone and asked her if we could keep my inf at full dose, i didn't tell her i upped my inf on my own. she said no cuz by reducing the inf, my platelets went up(ha!). i have an appt next week and get my labs redone on monday. should i tell her what i did? i just did 3/4 dose last night for shot 15. what do you think? when i told her that i thought the reduction might have been a bit conservative, she said no, that's the way we do it here. shouldn't i have some say in this? i would almost rather stop tx than to only do 1/2 dose. and i was UND at week 4. any ideas? thanks!
I have 3 docs who put their heads together (a univ. liverhead, GI (tx doc) and Hematologist) and all agree not to give platelets a thought until they get to 30.  Actually, the hematologist's opening bid was 25, but signed up for 30 to be a team guy.  At that point (which I won't get to platelets = 62 in week 26/46), there are two choices reduce the IFN or a platelet transfusion.  You said it was NP direction, maybe talk to the doc.  Med team should know what you are doing meds-wise.  50's is still a lot of platelets - relatively speaking.
i think youre on the right track, stay on full dose as much as possible. but go ahead and tell them. if they complain blame it on brain fog. one day when im finished with all this ill miss the old brain fog as an excuse for failure! it is very convenient in a twisted way! in the meantime, march forward stoic soldier, this SVR is yours for the taking!
So glad to hear from you but sorry you're having problems.

I've been wondering how you were doing.

Wyntre