Nausea When Brushing Teeth, other Sx...
Hello, please feel free to use for other questions, too. I was wondering if anyone else has a hard time brushing their teeth. I feel like gagging and almost vomiting when I brush, it's really unpleasant. Never had this before, and I'm on shot 4/24. I really have a LOT of sympathy for all who have to go 48+ weeks, believe me! My mouth has started to become dry in the evenings, and I noticed today for the first time that when I am eating/chewing, my tongue starts to feel like it is cramping...weird. I think it is the Ribavirin, I have to choke this stuff down in the morning, evening isn't as bad.

Just wondering if anyone else has noticed this stuff. Killing these blood varmits is becoming a drag.

Pete
HI there...I'm on 12/24....fun mouth stuff happens among other things my fillings seem loose when I chew, but I seem to remember a joke about gagging while brushing ...try a smaller brush or a longer handled one so you don't have to open so wide....good luck Sue
Lucky, alot of us here on tx use Biotene toothpaste and Biotene mouth wash, it is a antibacterial dry mouth toothpaste and mouthwash- and it really helps. Your best bet is to get it from Wal-Mart, some wal-marts almost have it hidden- so if you don't see it ask someone for help- it's a little more expensive than regular toothpaste and mouthwash, but it's worth it- See Ya - Harley Dude
Thanks for your comments, I appreciate the help. I'm going to go to WalMart today, and get that Biotene stuff. Everyone have a great holidy weekend.

Pete
I also felt early in tx the concern about many weeks of experiencing the sides. But the sides change.Some get less intense as you continue and some just become invisible like the slight cough i've had for 42 weeks.Not to minimize that sides can become dangerous but in my case they lightened up.Also drink lots of water cause we tend to dry up from the meds. I'm really glad you're doing 24 instead of 48.Jealous even.Good Luck!
I agree the Biotene is helpful, I use it!  but also they have a thing called "Agua drops" I think, made by Mars Candy...at WalMart, that help you salivate when dry mouth hits.  Drinking lots of water is essential to tx!!  I dont know what part of the country you are in but if your household humidity is low a humidifier in the bedroom is helpful.
Hey, Biotene stuff working well, thanks a lot for the info. Best to you!

Pete
Hopefully your mouth problems will go away further your into tx, mine did- very aggravating when I had the sores and tounge burning when I ate any type of food- glad it helped- were old veterans at this , so any questions- I mean ANY- just ask - we have a bunch of very knowlegeable people on this forum- I'm not one of them, but I'll make you smile every now and again- It's 8:45- I'm going jump on my hog and ride into the sunrise- there just aint a better feeling than that- Good luck, Lucky- See Ya - Harley- Dude
Audrey: I have been following your plight, and I have been sending good thoughts your way. I hope you feel much bettr very soon! Please tell me how many doctors you have consulted, I'm hoping you can get more opinions about how to help.

God Bless You,

Pete
I am off of tx for 10 days now, and I have nausea from morning till nite. I think I am nauseas in my sleep too. There is nothing i can eat that does not make it worse.

I had some of this before tx too; but it is a lot worse now. In fact I feel terrible still all the time.

Do you guys think it will improve?
I am hoping that the riba will eventually leave my system and I will begin to heal. I am walking a little; so I have some energy improvement. Also, my disposition seems to be improving.

I see my internist regularly, also will be seeing my GI doc in May. I think it will improve in time.

Befudd, we ARE the people are parents warned us against. Imagine that generation producing the hippie generation. The shock we must have been to them; I am surprised more of them did not just lose it. I have sympathy now for them, but when I was young I thought it was US against THEM and they were indeed the enemy.

Chevy honey, I love you too. I really wish you could come over and play. Or relax. I will be trying to start getting out again soon, back to the gym, living a life again. I think I will get the disability, without being able to tolerate the tx, it does not look good for me to get back what Hep C has taken from me. But I am determined to live a good life, even if it is a life with a lot of rest.

I need to remember that it could have been HIV instead of HCV. So, I know how lucky I really am.

Love you guys.