Hepatitis C Community
Need Some Advice

This forum is for questions about medical issues and research aspects of Hepatitis C such as, questions about being newly diagnosed, questions about current treatments, information and participation in discussions about research studies and clinical trials related to Hepatitis. If you would like to communicate with other people who have been touched by Hepatitis, please visit our new Hepatitis Social/Living with Hepatitis forum

Need Some Advice

Hey, everyone! It's been a while that I've been on the post
hopefully things are better for all you great people.
My VICTRELIS combination therapy is finally schedule for next week after past delays
My Nuerologist gave me neurontin and recommended b complex also been told B12 and benfotiamine which would be the best option?? does anyone have advice on this matter which will be the safest
been having some issues with my hands,buttock and feet and some lower back minor pain (I dont have diabetes)
i did a MRI shows mild degenerative disc i dont need surgery but need to follow back in 6 months i asked him about physical therapy or anything to help me but told me nothing, he mention that feet and buttock and lower back are all related and that hep c could be costing some nerve problems so im looking at other options then keep waiting(apt with my moms doc)
Thank you for listening to me
Berny
Hi Benny, I'm sorry, but I can't figure out what you are asking. Can you try re-phrasing your question, perhaps with more detail and some separation between the different issues you are facing? I'm glad to hear you will soon be starting HCV triple tx, but it doesn't sound like that is what you are asking about.
ceanothus I did  notice how quick and sloppy (late night) my post was thank you for telling me
Hello Everyone
I was wanted to ask for advice on two separations issues
first which would be a better option for me b complex or  B12 and benfotiamine?? (Nerve minor Issue) Doctor wasnt much help he did mention its cause of the Hep C  so was wondering if anyone had experiment this problems like hand burning,feeling odd, (Electromyogram (EMG) and Nerve most normal but showed some areas were slow in responding so i was put on neurontin and recommended b complex or B12 and benfotiamine.
Nuerologist told me the hep c could be costing me to get CMT
MRI shows mild degenerative disc i dont need surgery but need to follow back in 6 months thats all but i asked him about physical therapy or anything to help me but told me nothing this buttock pain is terrible,lower back and feet issue do effect me so im looking for at other options to seek help  
and my VICTRELIS combination therapy is finally schedule for Friday and Meds time is 9am,4pm,11pm after past delays i feel good about it and as ready as one can be
hopefully someone can help me out
Berny

I am on tr tx and take an injection of B12 every 2 weeks...it seems to help..good luck!
Not sure how helpful this is but my husband has a herniated disc and chronic back pain. He finds relief with massage and chiropractic adjustments.
Heat and cold therapy helps for pain as well.

Good luck.
Hi.
If your back problem is related to HCV as your Dr. said, then after treatment when you clear the virus, your pain should subside. Of course there are no guarantees but some have posted about muscle/joint pain that left or became minimal after treatment.
I was unable to walk much, until the last few months that I have been undetected. I spent many nights in intense pain with muscle cramping and joint popping. The only thing that gave temporary relief was heat.
Now I walk, sometimes with a walking stick, and I only have pain occasionally in the evenings. I expect to be bicycling in a few months and a year ago that would have seem as possible as flying.
I hope ridding yourself of the virus will have the same effect for you.

I opted not to take Neurontin due to the possible side effects and the possibility of seizures if discontinuing its use, but if you have pain, you do what you have to do. For low B levels my neurologist put me on a Rx form of B, but it's expensive even with good insurance. Message me if you like and I can give you details. Not really HCV related.
Hi Bernyh;I hope this helps with your back pain.I had a back operation in 1977 and had 2 lower disks removed and replaced with a screen instead of a fusion.In 1982 I had another job injury and needed another operation.I opted with PT.In 2010 I did SOC for 11 months.I was so concerned about the side effects I completely forgot about the back pain.After tx and rested for 6 months before getting the news of being a relapser,I started the Incevic tx.Still no back pain.I had too much to do with the side effects.So don't let the back pain stop you from HCV tx.You can continue with PT at home,heat and cold therapy,acupressure treatment for your back(I taught my wife how to do this),and stay in touch with your dr.Also I had polio as a child and I discovered through PT that I needed a 5/16 lift in my right shoe.Me polio left me with a short right leg throwing out my back when I walked.Evening out my hips with the lift helped greatly.Pain at that time went away.A pinched sciatic nerve can produced pain in your lower back to your feet.I learned a lot on treating my side effects on this forum.You can to.Best of luck on your tx.On to SVR for you.