Need comments about possible disability?
In regards to the end part of my post on 4/30.I still have this question to my delema? I do want to start treatment no question about this!! I want to "attack" this "dragon" now, while I dont have much damage except for inflamation, and the harder geno 1 with V/L 2mil+. However, what if the sides get really bad for me which is possible? I may miss work, and if I don't keep 32hr a week, I won't have insurance for treatment? I have access to one of the top Hepatologist in the L.A. area at this time.I don't want to loose that!
IF I NEEDED TO DO DISABILTY, how does this work? Does it pay for the cost of the meds completely, is there a co-pay? Would I get to keep this hepatologist? This is a concern of mine.
I'm trying to arm myself and be prepared for whatever might happen ahead of time since, I realize that the treatment can "wipe you out" and fighting for whats needed could bring an extra toll on myself during treatment or cause other issues like stopping treatment mid way during a possible change of care because of work issues. I'm NOT being pessimistic, I'm trying to prepare for anything! ANY SUUGESTIONS? Positive thoughts, Annette
On the SSI disability question:  My best friend works for SSI and she told me once a claim is filed approval for benefits can take six months; that's standard.  She also told me that HepC claims are generally approved, but if you are denied at first, appeal and you will probably win.
Sorry it's not a lot of info.  Good luck with answers to the  rest of your questions.  I'm a 1B PegIntron/Riba and sx have been mild for me.  Everyone is different, you could well sail through tx:)
Like scott said, wait until you start tx to make any decissions, I have not missed that many full days, but have taken sick time here and there. Make sure this dr is willing to tx sx aggressively, pain meds if you need them to get you through the day, Cell count meds to battle the sx from anemia and such.  If you get assistance from your PCP or GI in managing  the sides before they get too bad, you should do ok.  As far as disability info, every state is different if you have to go through state disability first, the federal is the same everywhere.  contact your state disability office (notSSD), to get some answers.
Thank you so much for your comments and links too! I wish everyone well, and minimal sides too!
Positive thoughts,Annette
Here's an additional link to a .pdf file titled <a href="http://www.hcvadvocate.org/hepatitis/About_Hepatitis_pdf/1.1.1_Living_With_HepatitisC/gettingdb.pdf">Getting Disability Benefits Under Social Security With HCV</a>
It is wonderful to see you here, too! And, to know that you are EVR - and so far along on your tx now!

It is a cold, crisp morning here in East Tennessee (got down to 37). The container plants had to come into the garage last night. But it's supposed to reach mid 80's by Thursday - so I need to enjoy what we have here right now.

I'm sorry to hear that you are experiencing a tough time at the moment. Better days are right around the corner!

May God's blessings and mercy be upon you.

TnHepGuy