Normal wbc and rbc, but low platelets
I found out that my Wbc and my rbc both are normal, in fact everything about my blood work was normal. The only thing that was different was my platelets were at 115,000. The Dr. Said he is having me take another test to check my platelets in 3 weeks.  I show no real signs of fatigue or anything else, so someone ease my mind please!!
Same thing with me, I'm freaking out! Just recently had a bad case of gastroenteritis, or the "stomach flu" and blood work was all fine except the low platelets...why???? Other then the vomitting and diarrhea which is slowly starting to subside I feel fine other then being a little tired. Please tell me what could be going on! And yes I have an appointment with a hematologist soon but for now I'd like some possible answers!
same with me .... i m freaking out too ... plz help me  ....  what are the possibilities ? and finally what came out with you ?
A platelet count of 115,000 is not that low. 150,000-450,000 is the normal range.
I assume you have HCV. Correct?
Have you ever had a biopsy done?
If your platelet count is still low at your next test talk to your doctor and ask him why he thinks your platelets are low. There are many illness related to low platelet count. Cirrhosis being one of them. Try not to worry. (Easy for me to say). Take action and get to the bottom of this with your doctor (Gastroenterologist? Hepatologist?) for your own peace of mind.

Causes for low platelet counts:
False thrombocytopenia
    * Clot in the sample.
    * Platelets clumped.
Congenital thrombocytopenia
    * Rare inherited disorders (eg May Hegglin anomaly, Bernard Soulier syndrome).
Defective platelet production
    * Bone marrow aplasia (failure).
    * Metabolic disorders, eg kidney failure, alcohol.
    * Abnormal platelet precursors: viral infections, inherited abnormalities.
    * Bone marrow infiltration, eg leukaemia, lymphoma.
Diminished platelet survival
    * Antibodies in response to drugs, blood transfusion or another disease, eg glandular fever, malaria.
    * Unknown cause (ITP).
    * Clotting disorder (DIC).
    * Blood disorder (TTP).
Loss of platelets from the circulation
    * Massive blood transfusion or exchange.
    * Enlarged spleen.

A few other points...
I'm not sure what you mean by you're not fatigued.(?) Platelets are part of the process which causes bleeding to stop. They clot your blood. They are not related to fatigue except if you have advanced liver disease such as cirrhosis, in addition to having a low platelet count (thrombocytopenia), you will suffer other symptoms of advanced liver disease which do cause fatigue.

The only way to tell for sure is if you have cirrhosis, is to have a liver biopsy.
Hopefully this was just a "blip on the radar" and will have corrected itself when you have the next blood test.

Best of luck to you.
HectorSF
My platelet count is 55but RBC and wbc appear normal . I had a bone marrow biopsy last week and get results tomorrow . Will post what they tell Tomoz . 27.9.16
Venus157, this thread is old, if you have a concern or question, you post it as a new thread, then you will get the imput you need.