Nurse
Yeatersday it is my last vaccination for anti rabies,

Nurse did not change her gloves, she took the rabipur in frige and open in, start to open the syringe, and break the small bottle to get the fluid inside and after that the nurse get the sealed bottle (powder inside) nurse touches the rubber that sealed the bottle and poke the syringe in that same place to insert the fluid in bottle to mix to powder,  i would like to ask if im in risk of hepatitis in this matter?
Highly doubtful basically no
When the nurse came to injection room , she already wearing a hand gloves, she already attended from other patient in other room, additional information only do i have a risk in contracting hepatitis in this situation?
Standard protocol is to change gloves between patients which it is highly likely she had  done.

Hep c requires infected blood to enter your blood stream, It is EXTREMELY unlikely HIGHLY improbable this has occurred in what you have described.
Thank you for your response, hopefully nurse changed her gloves before my injection, if nurse did not change her gloves do i have a risk in hepatitis? How high is my risk?
Even if she did not about 0.0 risk.

Look you have to make a number of extream assumptions for any remote risk to exist. She would have had not changed her gloves which is against proper medical protocol, then she would have had to have blood on the old glove which is not likely. Next that blood would have to have cotton on the needle that was injected into the dose bottle again extreamly small likelihood. Then the needle used to withdraw your shot would have to come into contact with that  potentially infinitesimally small microscopic amount of blood that  in all probability is not there.

Finally, assuming all these highly unlikely situations aligned there could me an exceedingly microscopically small risk that this did actually reach your blood stream.

Also to further try to put this into perspective for you even a  healthcare worker who experiences an accidental needlestick involving a patient with known hepatitis C their risk of transmission is only 1.1% so you can obviously see that your risk is millions of times smaller than that.
Thank you for your response, i saw it the nurse did not change her gloves, when nurse entered the room she came fron other room to attend the another patient, and immediately took the rabipur in fridge and start to inject me, if nurse not change her gloves do i have a risk? High risk or low risk?
There is no way to compute this exceedingly small risk there is no data on the near impossible. In my non expert opinion as a journeyman machinist I would say about 0.00000000000000000001%

If you want a more informed response speak to your doctor. Or if concerned wait 12 weeks and get tested for hepatitis c antibodies.

Or consider counseling for anxiety due to your unwarranted fear of the near impossibly long odds of contracting an entirely curable illness
Thank you flynflyn it is higly appreciated
This discussion was closed by the MedHelp Community Moderation team. If you have any questions please contact us
Answer a few simple questions about your Hep C treatment journey.

Those who qualify may receive up to $100 for their time.
Explore More In Our Hep C Learning Center
image description
What Is Hepatitis C?
Learn about this treatable virus.
image description
Diagnosing Hepatitis C
Getting tested for this viral infection.
image description
Just Diagnosed? Here’s What’s Next
3 key steps to getting on treatment.
image description
Understanding Hepatitis C Treatment
4 steps to getting on therapy.
image description
Your Guide to Hep C Treatments
What you need to know about Hep C drugs.
image description
Managing Side Effects of Treatment
How the drugs might affect you.
image description
Making Hep C Treatment a Success
These tips may up your chances of a cure.
Whattoodoo commented on Tips on telling a col...
Nighthawk61 Maturity is not when we sta... Comment
Dee1956 commented on Belle313's status
Nov 19