Ok, Sex and Hepatitis C
ok, first off, im am entering the marine corps june 4th of 07, thats when i leave for bootcamp. Over the summer, i had unprotected sex with a girl who has hepatitis c. (we both didnt know at the time) When we had sex, besides foreplay and oral sex, it lasted really only 2 minutes because i went limp inside of her. We also found out she was pregnant. So i know she wasnt on her period. So the total times we spent together in bed was a mere 10 mins.. I wanted to know what you think my chances are of contracting it.. thank you all so much.. (By the way, im sorry if i offened anyone with my description)
Sorry, that was a bit too much info, ha ha!  I am told by my doc, it is 99.9% not sexually transmited.  I wouldn't worry, but be more careful in the "marine corps", I hear they are hard to handle.  No disrespect.  You'll be fine!
youre talking about sex a few times with someone that you didn't have rough sex with, and it was vaginal (sorry for that word, seems some people have trouble with it, me, I'm fine with it:))
you gotta better chance of winning the lotto tomorrow...don't worry too much about it, it's always a good idea to get tested though...thanks for your sacrifice...
According to your thread title, you're calling it OK Sex. I wonder if she agrees? Sorry.

Kidding aside, sure doesn't sound like anything to loose sleep over.

<small>So, she only gave it up a few times, huh?</small>

pln
Is this my ex?? (sorry could not help it)
Whos ex?
I would say you have nothing to worry about,,,,0% chance of contracting.
You are going in the marines and you are worried about contracting hepc from sex?You poor baby!maybe you should join the boyscouts...there is 0% chance from sex...unless you were into playing with her blood...
Or if you were sitting together on the couch watching tv and she reached over & took a bite out of your arm.
See, i wanna serve my country, ive made it my life. if i cant do that cuz of hep c, i dunno what id do.. but thank you guys, cuz i looked it up and i kept getting mixed up anwsers, but i know you guys know what your talking about..
pln
OMG,, I can't stop laughing..
First don't mind all these guys having a laugh at your expence. You are like most people who don't know and when you hear about something like this you get worried. Hep C is transmitted through blood to blood. If you are joining the military you have bigger things to worry about then a 10 minute sexual encounter. Your chances of contracting this through sex are almost zero. If you engaged in rough sex and there was blood involved then you need to be checked. if it gives you a piece of mind you can get tested at a clinic. I have 2 boys in the Army and one of them is in Iraq. Stay safe in the military as it is a dangerous world we live in. God Bless our boys who serve. A word to the wise practice protected sex.
FLGuy says : You're probably ok. But just something to keep in mind for the future...when you and the other leathernecks are hanging around the barracks telling tales of great sexual exploits - you might consider taking a pass.

Or lying about it! ;)
Best not to brag about 2 minute sexploits...
10 minutes you say, don't be going and setting any expectations for the women folk here dawg <G>.

Seriously, as long as whatever acts you folks get involved with did not result in any blood exchange, you should be safe.

The biggest concern with HCv and sex really is in unprotected sex while one partner is taking Ribavirin, or apparently has taken it within the last year or two, because of the high likelyhood of severe birth defects in the infant.
You're probably ok.  But just something to keep in mind for the future...when you and the other leathernecks are hanging around the barracks telling tales of great sexual exploits - you might consider taking a pass.
I agree that you are probably not going to catch Hep C from the situation you describe BUT in this day and age you MUST USE PROTECTION when having sex with anyone when you are single or have multiple partners. There are a lot of things out there you can catch very easily from risky behavior like that so put a condom on when having sex and you don't have to worry about catching things or unwanted pregnancies.
Good luck in the service.

Blood to blood, rough, traumatic, violent.  These are the words to keep in mind for sexual transmission of HCV.  AND it's more easily transmitted from the male to the female than the other way around.  Transmission rates are higher with anal sex, where there is a greater liklihood of tissue tears. I know a little about this because I got it from a rear entry sexual assault--one that produced blood.  But the word assault is the operative one; your experience sounds fine.  Get tested if it would make you feel better, though.  The test for HCV Antibodies is simple, easy and the results come in 1-2 days.  As far as I'm concerned everyone should be tested for it if there may be a risk factor.  I think primary doc's should make it a more routine test too, especially given 4 million people in this country have it and only 1 million of those know about it.  Thanks for serving our country.  You are brave, courageous and honorable. I wish you all the best, Aiuta
You should get tested anyway! For yourr own piece of mind!Wait 3 months and test
Ok I know what your going through. Me and my boyfriend had dome problems and weren't allowed to see each other but we were still together. Then i found out that he sleeped with a chick that has hepatits c. I was mad at him for it but then I did reserch and found out how it can be contracted. I found out that hepatits c can be spread sexually but it's not that common. If it is spread sexually then it's usually form male to female. I think it's great that you're joining the military. I'm joining the army and I'm gona go in as an MP. It's something that I've always wanted to do.
Ok I know what your going through. Me and my boyfriend had dome problems and weren't allowed to see each other but we were still together. Then i found out that he sleeped with a chick that has hepatits c. I was mad at him for it but then I did reserch and found out how it can be contracted. I found out that hepatits c can be spread sexually but it's not that common. If it is spread sexually then it's usually form male to female. I think it's great that you're joining the marine corps. I'm joining the army and I'm gona go in as an MP. It's something that I've always wanted to do.
Ok I know what your going through. Me and my boyfriend had some problems and weren't allowed to see each other but we were still together. Then i found out that he sleeped with a chick that has hepatits c. I was mad at him for it but then I did reserch and found out how it can be contracted. I found out that hepatits c can be spread sexually but it's not that common. If it is spread sexually then it's usually form male to female. I think it's great that you're joining the marine corps. I'm joining the army and I'm gona go in as an MP. It's something that I've always wanted to do.