Hepatitis C Community
On Triple Therapy w/ Incivik and have trouble with staying hydrated.

This forum is for questions about medical issues and research aspects of Hepatitis C such as, questions about being newly diagnosed, questions about current treatments, information and participation in discussions about research studies and clinical trials related to Hepatitis. If you would like to communicate with other people who have been touched by Hepatitis, please visit our new Hepatitis Social/Living with Hepatitis forum

Hello everyone,

I have almost completed week #9 of triple therapy w/ Incivik. I have noticed over the past several weeks my ability to handle plain water is getting difficult. My Dr wanted me to stay well hydrated but I am finding it extremely difficult as when I drink any little, or large, sum of water I get soooo sick and the nausea is miserable. I have tried drinking gatorade and seltzer water which has helped a little, but it honestly seems the more hydrated I try to stay the sicker I get w/ nausea. Any help would be great.

PS. My virus is Undetectable! and has been that way since around week #3! Its an amazing and motivating thing. Thank you so much to all of you who have helped me on here months ago right when I was starting triple therapy.
Ask your doctor for a prescription for Zofran. It works great.

I took 8 mg every 8 hours, usually 30 min. before I had to take the Incivek. It worked wonders for me and I was able to eat and drink all I needed to. I was drinking a gallon of water a day (which is what my doctor recommended). After I was off the Incivek I still had nausea so I continued taking it for a few more months until the nausea subsided, somewhere in my 9th or 10th month of treatment.

I also took 1 quart of my fluids as organic chicken broth. It helped with the nausea and the boredom with water and the electrolytes.

It is great that you were UND at week 3. Your odds of SVR are very good.
Yes, I had Zofran too.  And ginger pieces from the health food store helped with nausea too...
sometimes cold things made me nauseous so I would have room temp water.
I felt different after the Incivek was over too so maybe you'll see a change soon.
Good luck and yay for your UND so soon!
Keep us posted....
I drink a gallon (4 litres) of water a day.
I find that chilled water is easier to drink. I have bottles filled around the house, and a jug in the fridge. I know how much I am drinking, and I get it in.
chilled water jug in the fridge, I just take many small swigs. Water bottles accompany me everywhere.
BUT, I would say. If you're drinking that much water, try and get it filtered. I don't know what your tap water is like where you are, but ours is heavily chlorinated, flouridated and god knows.
I went off hot drinks, fizzy drinks, flavoured drinks etc. But making up jugs of green tea flavoured with a little lemon, honey and/or mint can be soothing.

10356 commented on 10356's status
1 hr ago
Dee1956, and 10356 commented on clean_in_ks's status
Dee1956 "Be kind, for everyone you ... Comment
Track your weight over time