Once your cleared can it come back??
hi.  i had genotype 3a and after 3 weeks of shots i had already cleared it.   the dr. thinks that i cleared it so fast because my viral load was minimal to begin with.  i do have to get one more blood test just to make sure it stayed clear.  my question is....after you've been clear for 6 months then what????  can it come back?  all the info.  i've found contradicts each other.  can i still give it to someone else if i've been cleared for over the six months?  is it still in my blood?  thank-you for everyones help.
Six months AFTER you stop taking the medicine and post treatment if it is gone it will not return you are SVR.

Six months after it first goes away and you are Undetectible it can come back when you stop taking the medications.

In your case with an easy virus type however it seems unlikely but the odds are approximately 80% success supposedly for a geno3a.  It is either an easy geno or one of the hardest to cure....it would seem however that you have responded to the meds but you have to wait and see like the rest of us if you have relapsed or not.

If it were to come back while you were on the meds it would be called a breakthrough.

So there are many different facets and this is why you believe it's contradicting!
Having cleared so early, it's called RVR (Rapid Viral Response) you have 90% chance of being cured. So once you finish the 6 months of treatment, there is a 10% chance of relapse.

I was a genotype 3a. What I would recommend after treatment is the following:

PCR blood test   4 weeks after treatment                   90-95% certainty
PCR blood test 12 weeks after treatment                   95-99% certainty
PCR blood test 24 weeks/6 months after treatment     100% - SVR - cured
IM A 3A ALSO 6MO. TX. SO NOV.11TH WAS LAST SHOT/PILLS SO FEB GOT TO GET THE 3MO OUT AND THEN MAY28TH THE 6MO.OUT BLOOD WORK JUST TO MAKE SURE---GOOD LUCK TO YOU----ROCKIN516
I'm a 3A also and was a RVR at 4 weeks. I am now 16 months post end-of-treatment and still SVR. You will always have that niggling voice in the back of your head.."What if it comes back?   Then what?..." Well, you cross that bridge when you come to it. For now, revel in how much better you are starting to feel with the yuck going out of your system. Hold off on drinking, keep yourself well nourished with vitamins and minerals, and sweat that riba out of your fat cells! (Exercise when you feel up to it!) My Dr told me that, when I'd had my first true immune system challenge (when you get your first nasty cold or flu post treatment), this is when the Hep C will rear its head if it's going to because your ability to fight off infection decreases when stressed, and the Hep C can gain a foot-hold when you are weakened. Good luck and Happy SVR! You are almost there! ((((((((HUGZ))))))))~MM