Hepatitis C Community
Opinion please?

This forum is for questions about medical issues and research aspects of Hepatitis C such as, questions about being newly diagnosed, questions about current treatments, information and participation in discussions about research studies and clinical trials related to Hepatitis. If you would like to communicate with other people who have been touched by Hepatitis, please visit our new Hepatitis Social/Living with Hepatitis forum

Opinion please?

Hi there,

I have read various articles about Hepatitis C and have filtered through the forums to find an adequate answer to my question. I have thus come to understand that transmission of Hepatitis C through oral sex is only a 'theoretical risk'.

It may just be me being paranoid but I've recently suffered from a mild flu and appeared to have light colored stools (lighter than average), which has since darkened again once I've recovered. My urine has not changed in color (that I know) and my eyes have not yellowed.

These symptoms have occurred at 19 weeks after potential exposure (which was performing oral sex on a man). I tested at 11 weeks for all forms of STIs and asked to include Hepatitis C in screening. While I accepted my negative results at face value, the recent changes in health have really set off my paranoia.

I would like to ask for the opinion of anyone with experience if I have anything to worry about, and should I re-test at 26 weeks?

Thank you.
Oh, and I would also like to apologize in advance if my seemingly asinine questions annoys anyone and detracts attention away from those with more serious concerns/questions.
I think you can rest easy. You are not at risk from oral sex.
Usually a person never even knows they have HepC, these symptoms usually come a long time after being infected.  Years even.  It is a slow progressive disease normally.  I would be more worried about HIV then HepC.  If it will ease you reoccuring thoughts and fears, then to test again will make you feel better.  And that is truely the real reason for the wanting to test again anyway right?  
The light color stools that they are talking about with hepatitis are VERY light. It also lasts for days and the urine is very dark at the same time basically because the pigment that is usually in the stool winds up in the urine because the liver isn't working right.

I think you should just trust your test results.

Diane