PCR
Checking into let you know,,,,My PCR is showing no virus at 3 months!  That was a very emotional phone call because I have been on pins and needles lately and the relief is wonderful. I know I still have a ways to go but am just happy I made it to the first marker. Gives me much hope!  I had read so much this past year that I feel like I can write a book on hep and all the ups and downs LOL  I'm sure so many can relate.  I knew the odds for geno 1's is about 50% but for the ones that know me well,,,My husband had it and we were treating together so I always in back of my mind,,,,thought the chances of both of us clearing together might even be slimmer.  I didn't know what we would do if one cleared and other didn't because we both knew so well what this disease can do to you mentally. It can consume every thought at times and so much research!  For those that are treating now or fixing to start,,,,I am,,,,no wait,,,I WAS a geno 1A,,,,Viral load 8.5 million, no symptoms before starting other then tired at times,, 5'5,,130,,,Lost 10lbs on tx.  Dr never ordered a biopsy so have no idea of status of liver.  The tx at times was the pits and towards end,,,,I had terrible rash that took forever to clear.  We both stayed optimistic all the way and carried on doing our regular duties,,work etc so not to dwell on bad days.  The tx does work and this alone gives much hope to all out there.  Thank you,,,,Thank you to everyone for being here and listening and researching and advice.  It got me through day by day.
Sorry,,,,I wanted to continue,,,I will be cheering each and everyone of you on until we all get to SVR together!
HOLY CANNOLI!   YYYEEEAHHHH!
you and your hubby both did it!!
what are you doing to celebrate that double blessing?
FELICIDADES!
I am SO happy for you! I just got my 5 month back and it too is negative. I can't believe all the 1As that are clearing.  
     I know that is has been a long ride for you and your husband. Writing a book on the ups and downs. lol. I have thought the same thing at times. We should get all of our stories together and write one, if for noone else but ourselves or people just starting out. I wish that I had heard about ALL the sides and problems before I had started. Thank goodness that I had these forums to get me through. As friends and families are wonderful but they have no REAL idea what we go through not only physicaly but mentally as well.

We have beat the odds..and have truely been blessed.
Yahoooo! Congrats on your PCR results. That is wonderful news to read. I hope you are having a nice celebration! LL
great news you too! I don't wish I have heard ALL the sides before tx, it might have kept me way away! as it stands, I heard enough to keep me a tad scare.

I'll say you are as good as cured.

If we are to write a book, we better do it soon, I am forgetting I ever had hep c and did 72 wks of poisons, I have to keep looking at my bloodwork copies to confirm that it did happen, and it was not a nightmare on Elm st.
WHEW HOO ...

WAY TO GO HONEY!!!!!

That is truly WONDERFUL News... & I know that a huge burden has been lifted off you shoulders... I can hear that sigh of "Relief" from here!!!!

Yep, Yep.... You & Joe are gonna get to grow old together & sit in those Rocking Chairs on the porch, playing with the grandchildren!

Listen, just the fact that you two went thru TX together at the same time was an inspiration to me... & this news just made my day!!!

I am Sooo HAPPY For You!!!
:)
Great news Honey!! Congratulations!!

Susan
Whow Yet Another Nasty Virus Bites the Dust!!!

Congratulations are in order for you too...

I went to post to honey & there were only two post there, by the time I got side tracked & hit that post button, your's appeared.... Didn't mean to leave you out, had I of seen it, I would have included you you!

Now this just adds a double whammy of terrific news for the day!

I always enjoy this kind of news, wish we could get to hear them everyday, but it offers hope to those behind ya'll, & kind of makes the sx of tx... all worth while!

Way To Go DollFace..... Congratulations!
You made my day ladies. This is how it should be. LIVE FULLY. frank
congratulation on this, the best news you can have.Now you and your husband can get on with a normal life.God bless you both
brian
so good to hear the good news.  It gives me hope that this infergen will do the trick.  News like your renews my hope and gives me strength to get through the rough days.  Thanks for the post.  I really needed it today.  Congrats!!!!!!!!  By the way, in my infergen fog I can't remember what PCR stands for.  It is driving me nuts.
A big, big congratultions to you.   These reports are probably the most important function of this forum.  We can hear about headaches, blood counts, etc.   But when I hear just one of these stories, I get hope.  

Bluepeng.
greeeeeeeeeeeeeat job
Honey, I am so truly happy for you, what great news to receive!! I am still in awe that you and your hubby were able to endure tx together and be able to come out the other end with both of you being negative. ( do you remember that me and my hubby decided NOT to treat together?) Anyway, great acheivement and a testament to your partnership, you should be very proud of yourselves. Hope a celebration is planned for tonight!!

Great news for you Dollface, the odds seem to be getting better and better. Total happiness all around!

Mattie
I am so happy for you both. Stick around, though, those of us still playing the waiting game will still need you! Congratulations to you both!
Lauren
I'm crying, too.  Big weepy hugs of congratulations to you both.  Now let's lift those glasses of non-alcoholic sparkling whatever and shout L'chaim!  To Life!   Which is to say long, happy lives to you, ladies, life in all of its fullness and sweetness.
I'm typing in your name again....the above message was also for you.
Cuteus, Maybe your right in wanting to NOT know all the sides. I learned enough here to get me through the rough spots.

Chevy- Hilarious moments, boy we could fill a book and a sequel to it with some of our stories. Wipe off your face now and laugh with us.

Bon,scruffy and couch- Thanks,to you and all here that kept me going and believing that this could be done.(Had many doubts along the way) but you guys pulled me through.

Rearfang- I don't think that either of us will be going away  soon. There are too many people that we need to reach out too yet.

Everyone- Hep C and the treatments were a long hard ride for me.As long as you keep your goal in sights it can be done, don't give up.

God bless you all.
I am so happy for you!  Your kind heart has been all over this forum during the time I've been here, and I've appreciated and enjoyed your posts.

Laika
Yes!  That's exactly my idea of life at its sweetest.  Blessed be.
Congratulations!!!!!!!! Mike
A great big congratulations!!!  What a great feeling you must have and I am so happy for you.

What wonderful news for both of you, and encouragement for the rest of those 1a's!!! Thank you for sharing this bright light!
Thanks Everyone of you!  You all hold a very special place in my heart and I will continue to pop in and see how everyone is doing and of course to see the victory of winning against this disease!

Dollface,,,High Five! Great News! I kept checking in Monday and Tuesday wondering where you were with your good news! I know you feel great to finally put an end to this! And of course,,enjoy your grandbaby and all life has to offer!
Your stories made my day.  I'm so happy for both of you and for your families too.  No, it wasn't easy (understatement), but all the trials and the sides will fade.  God bless you both,  Dave
Woo hoo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Another 1A on the road to being "FORMER 1A!"

Your news makes my day.  Best wishes and enjoy the celebration.
You both are such an inspiration.  This forum has been so helpful to me.....such a wealth of knowledge and information......but the REAL inspiration comes from stories of success like both of yours.  YOU are the reason I can face this treatment as I enter my 12/48 weeks and the fact that you are #1's gives me hope as I am a #4...also difficult to treat.  Bravo to you both (and to your husband Honey!).... ENJOY your new "freedom".....life and health is precious as we all know. You are an inspiration!
My best to you both,
Scott
You can't imagine how happy I am for you. (Oh, perhaps you can.) I know it was a long hard road for you and your husband, but you made it. I promised to be here for you at the end with a bottle of sparkling cider and here it is. Go out and live your life.
Thanks, I found out yesterday while I was in Virginia visiting my son and we celebrated with a huge banana split. yum. but tonight will be a nice bottle of NA sparling wine with my husband in the hot tub.
Great Ladies...Great News!!
You fought the Fight and Won!!
I'm dancing in the aisles for you now!!
Congratulations to you as well. Good luck. Mike
Thanks Marchingon,,,It is a sweet relief to get that test back! Hope you are doing good these days!

DonL,,,Hey,,,Good to see ya!  Glad you showed up with the sparkling cider! Its kinda nice at this point to sit back and relax a little and not be so much on the edge! I don't have to worry about 6 month until July.  How are you feeling these days and do you think you will try out the tx again or just waiting it out and weighing your options?  Hope you have been enjoying yourself!

Laika,,,Thanks so much and you sure are a trooper,,,especially to be on your 7th week.  I think at that point,,,my mind was in another world lol  You seem to be thinking just great and helping so many here.  That alone will get you through the tx and keep you going.  Best Wishes!
ral
That is great news honey fro you and your Hub.

You are our honey on this board

Take Care

Bob L
ral
That is great news honey for you and your Hub.

You are our honey on this board

Take Care

Bob L
Congratulations Honey to both of you. They say it can be done and you are proof of that. I'm so glad for you. Take care and go out and enjoy your new life!!!
Congratulations to you both!  You give us hope.
Congratulations to the both of you!
Honey, I came on tonight to check on whether you knew anything yet. I was reading all your post and duh, finally came upon one labeled PCR. I'm so thrilled for you. Now, I can go to bed happy!