Hepatitis C Community
PROPOLIS AND HCV

This forum is for questions about medical issues and research aspects of Hepatitis C such as, questions about being newly diagnosed, questions about current treatments, information and participation in discussions about research studies and clinical trials related to Hepatitis. If you would like to communicate with other people who have been touched by Hepatitis, please visit our new Hepatitis Social/Living with Hepatitis forum

PROPOLIS AND HCV

Hello to all . and i hope my post finds u all in better health and spirit today .

I have a small question and would love ure expert input / advice on it ...
can bee propolis / bee products be harmfull to the liver or helpfull ( with hcv ).... i do mean in regular / moderate doses .
i have read up quite a bit about bee products but am obviously not convinced or may i say - am still confused about them

propolis seems to do wonders for the liver and is also suppose to be a brilliant anti- viral , but one study says that in vitro it reduced glutathione levels in rat livers ... so just wondering  (  no i am not a rat -:) )

this is the study and i cant make out head or tail of it

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/10354820

except for this particular study ive only read good things about propolis .(  unless this too is a good study and i cant make out ) !!

i am a geno 1a relapser , and just want to keep my liver healthy till the time telapevir is out .....

look forward to u replies .
warm regards
pacman1372
Interesting!

I have some fresh propolis a friend brought from New Zealand. The fresh one is supposed to be the best, but it has to be either consumed or kept frozen, as it goes bad about 7 days after harvest. I cannot get it here in Denmark. I guess one would have to buy it directly from the beekeepers.
okay... sorry, that was wrong...

The stuff I have is bee pollen, not propolis