Pain associated with Hep C and what meds would be good?
I've got pain in my joints, my back hurts and believe it is due to Hep C..have not gotten treatment for Hep C yet..ive got my appointment set up with doc to get things going, including the pain.  I've taken Aleve, Ibuprofen, not even touching the pain. I'm so tired of waking up in pain every single day! Any info would be great!
SJ
All I have ever taken is Ibuprofen and it has worked fine for me, but my pain is mostly from the treatment. I hope you are able to find out the cause of the pain. I had some achy days before I started treatment, but they weren't as bad as I get now, so I'm thinking what you're dealing with may not be from the hep c.

Maybe somebody else can give you more info.
Most hepatologists recommend acetaminophen (Tylenol) for mild to moderate pain management:
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Jorge L. Herrera M.D.
Division of Gastroenterology
University of South Alabama College of Medicine
Mobile AL

http://www.hcvadvocate.org/hcsp/articles/Herrera.html

“Acetaminophen use: Contrary to popular belief, acetaminophen (the active ingredient in Tylenol®) is perfectly safe for patients with cirrhosis as long as it is used cautiously. Any person who drinks alcohol regularly should not consume any acetaminophen. For patients with early cirrhosis (CPT class A or B), the use of acetaminophen is safe as long as the recommended dose is not exceeded (1,000 mg per dose, repeated no more often than every 6 hours). Patients with more advanced cirrhosis should take only ½ of the recommended dose. In fact, for patients with cirrhosis, acetaminophen, when used as described, is the preferred medication for the treatment of pain.”
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Narcotic drugs are generally liver safe and effective, but obviously require prescription. Discuss your needs with your doctor, and go from there,

--Bill
I have had Hep C for 32 years but was unaware of it until 13 years ago.  I have 1a and my nervous system so stressed suffering from PTSDisorder, that Dr's didn't want to mess me up with depression and the Tx available when they found something. They have come ahead in leaps and bounds but now I have cirrhosis and they don't treat you if advanced that far.  I am living in a timebomb and ya I experience pain more than often. muscle, joint, back, pain in liver area. Emmotional pain as our disease is not visible. I acquired it thru a tainted blood transfusion after an emergency C section having my daughter.  I am treated like a 3rd class citizen because I have Hep C and judged even in the medical profession. I feel the tension at the dentist office, the nurses at the clinics, people I know, my family and friends. I feel like a weed in the garden actually.  I recently had to see a heart specialist and sat on a wait list for 7 months. I had hoped to take a trip in our cold and dark winter but was unable for medical insurance purposes. The Dr went for the time I was supposed to go.  Recently another family member had to see the same specialists for the heart tests and he got in to see her in 2 months. Could be a coincidence but I rather think I am at the bottom of the list because of Hep C.   I buy a creme called Glucosamine MSM  it is a Holistic brand. and rub it into the joint, usually my low back when it is really hurting. It works well and I don't think causes a problem with our livers.  I have taken Advil on occasion when headache or joint pain becomes untolerable. Not often as I take Garlic Oil and Vit E and already find bleeding easily from sinuses and teeth.  I have managed thus far but I fear the next step is a transplant and I am terrified of all that that will entail not to mention the Long long wait list.  As a weed in the garden that might start to cause our medical system a little too much I wonder if that day will ever happen.  I am sorry that our world is like this but I suppose this is a lesson in my journey whether long or short.  I am 58, 59 in October and everyday I wake up I thank "the big fella" for giving me another day on planet earth.  I wreckon the odds of even being born are pretty much stacked against us and here we are so ... maybe we will learn given time what our purpose really was or is. :)  Tylenol if no Cirrhosis in small amount. NO alcohol, NO smoking. Limited Advil. Glucosamine Cream with MSM. Meditation, Accupressure, Massage, Sex and with luck Love. If your pain is emmotional as many of us are so sensitive to our living conditions and enviroment then the above things for relaxation are more important than ever. The pain will not go away but it will lessen.  Good luck everyone.  Hep Hep Away ... :)  Power of Positive Thinking... Miracles do happen so keep the faith and believe it will be gone.  
Hey, welcome to the forum. I think your post is great but Im afraid many will look it over as this thread is 3 years old. Id suggest starting a new thread with this same topic and Im sure you will get tons of responses.
ActingBrandNew is correct. Try posting this as a new thread. I think you need help. It would be good help. You need to start living.

PLEASE REPOST THIS