Hepatitis C Community
Pain in right side Liver Area

This forum is for questions about medical issues and research aspects of Hepatitis C such as, questions about being newly diagnosed, questions about current treatments, information and participation in discussions about research studies and clinical trials related to Hepatitis. If you would like to communicate with other people who have been touched by Hepatitis, please visit our new Hepatitis Social/Living with Hepatitis forum

Pain in right side Liver Area

I am on week 14 of tx, and notice last week a sharp pain in my Liver area?

I completed the 12 week of Invicheck, and now only on the Ribo and Interferon.

I thought maybe i over did it working out in the yard, but it comes and goes.

I have had a similar pain.  I'm on triple Tx with Victrelis and I am in the 8th week fo treatment.  I was curious about the pain as well and haven't heard of anyone else mentioning it as a side effect and just thought maybe it was me.
It's not your liver but we did a member who had a gall bladder problem.
This is something to talk to your doctor about.

Another though, interferon can cause digestion problems. You might try probiotics. And of course, it could be muscular as well.
I know the liver does not feel pain.  I know I have seen a number of posts on this site from people saying they felt pain in that area.  Definitely not the expert.  Gallbladder could be it, always a good idea to talk to the doc.  But I thought I would mention that I did have pain in my side where the liver is for a number of days on tx, off and on, think it was about 8 weeks into tx.  On the last day, I realized it felt like compression.  It went away after a while and has not been back.  I had a lung collapse when I was young, it did not hurt when it collapsed but it did when it came back, doctor basically said internal things shifted after the collapse and were shifting back.  Kind of wondered if maybe it was similar.  Anyway, know this isn't that helpful but you are not alone.  

Also, here is one of the prior posts on this.  Uncledudeness had some interesting info.  http://www.medhelp.org/posts/Hepatitis-C/Liver-pain-during-tx/show/1621323