Hepatitis C Community
Pain in upper abdomen

This forum is for questions about medical issues and research aspects of Hepatitis C such as, questions about being newly diagnosed, questions about current treatments, information and participation in discussions about research studies and clinical trials related to Hepatitis. If you would like to communicate with other people who have been touched by Hepatitis, please visit our new Hepatitis Social/Living with Hepatitis forum

Pain in upper abdomen

I can not shake this pain in my upper abdomen, sometimes it hits me low with sharp pain, most of time feels like a rock in my abdomen, something that is rubbing against my ribcage,
Thanks,
Starting treatment in April,  biopsy 10 days ago, no report from "caregivers"
Hey maybe you tore some tissue in that area and maybe it's not even related to HepC.  Also do you smoke cigs?  I had a strange shifting pain going on a couple or few years ago and my doctor prescribed me one of those breather things but it wasn't an inhaler it was a powder breathing thing that was in a round disk.  Well I guess after saying it , it was an inhaler but it was one of those new improved jobs made in shiney plastic, the new in "vogue" look I guess.  Anyways I just went to the doctor last week or something cause I had a pain right below my heart, the pain increased everytime I took a deep breath so I knew it wasn't related to my heart.  Anyways he said I tore some tissue in my lung area, go figure.  Well guess I'm getting old.  later  
Mine doesn't sound like yours, but when it's bad and there's nothing left to do but ride it out. I use hot water bottles. 2 of them, front and back.
It could be anything. A reaction to the food you're eating? Stomach ulcers from being prescribed a basic medication that your liver reacted badly too? Gallstones? Helicobacter?
I had a 6 week bout of pain akin to being in labour. Doc and I still havn't worked out what that was but I'm real busy hoping it doesn't come back.
Go see the Doc and get the simple tests done, sometimes it's easier to start with what it isn't.