Hepatitis C Community
Pain over the liver area

This forum is for questions about medical issues and research aspects of Hepatitis C such as, questions about being newly diagnosed, questions about current treatments, information and participation in discussions about research studies and clinical trials related to Hepatitis. If you would like to communicate with other people who have been touched by Hepatitis, please visit our new Hepatitis Social/Living with Hepatitis forum

Pain over the liver area

I just seen my liver specialist last week and I have a lot of pain over the liver area, inflammation. I was asked to go
and have x-rays done, I did. I was told that nothing was seen on the x-rays and to just take some Tylenol.  Can you please tell me after 37 weeks should I still be in this much pain it is very hard to breathe.
Welcome to the forum! None of us are doctors here, but there are a lot of exceptionally well-informed patients here helping each other. This is a great place to get information and to find answers to your questions, but in general, the more info you provide, the better the answers will be. Do you have a diagnosis of Hep C? Have you had a recent liver biopsy? Is there anything else going on that might be contributing to your pain? Are you on treatment for HCV? Please add as much additional info as you can and someone will try to help you. Best wishes!
It seems like there is a giant chunk of info missing here. After 37 weeks of what? Do you have Hepatitis C? Who asked you to have an x-ray and why?
Hope you feel better♥
....37 weeks of treatment? help us to help you by giving more info about your situation...we don't bite...well maybe nygirl does....just a little hehe ;) in a really good way i mean..
Hi. Welcome to the hepatitis C forum.

You say you had x-rays. Do you mean that you had a CT Scan? (A machine that you lay on a table and the table goes in and out of the machine that has a round spinning wheel?)
An x-ray takes only one picture. You lay on a table with a lead vest over certain parts of your body and then the tech leaves the room and click it is done.

An x-ray is not used to observe the liver so I don't understand why the she/he would use an x-ray if it is a liver problem?
Do you know why was it performed?
To detect lung disease, or pneumonia?
To search for gallstones or kidney stones?

You mention 37 weeks. Are you on hepatitis C treatment?

Where is the pain you are feeling in relation to your breast bone and belly button? I have a picture and diagram showing where the liver and other organs are in your body in my profile pics if you care to look.

How would you describe the pain. Constant, sharp, dull, comes in waves, burning, etc?

What is the breathing problem you are having? Do you easily get winded? Are you weak? Are you not able to take deep breathes. Please describe in more detail.

What type of doctor are you seeing. A general practitioner or a specialist?

Do you have any other health issues besides hepatitis C that you are aware of.

Your doctor is the best source to understand what your health problems are. They can see you and perform diagnostic tests to find the root of the problem. What does your doctor say is the reason you are having pain and breathing problems? You should talk to your doctor to understand what they think may be going on.

Cheers!
Hector