Hepatitis C Community
Pegasys

This forum is for questions about medical issues and research aspects of Hepatitis C such as, questions about being newly diagnosed, questions about current treatments, information and participation in discussions about research studies and clinical trials related to Hepatitis. If you would like to communicate with other people who have been touched by Hepatitis, please visit our new Hepatitis Social/Living with Hepatitis forum

Pegasys

The nurse gave me the Pegasys injection intramuscular in my arm instead of subcutaneous? Will that have any effect on the course of treatment? Does it have the same efficacy?will I still benefit from the injection in the same intended way?
Thanks for your answers
Hi I am sorry I don't know the answer, I am sure someone else will come along.  I have heard of people injecting in their arm subcutaneously but not intramuscular.  Did the nurse say anything after she did this?  Can you talk to your doctor? Is the nurse going to inject you every week?...if so I would try to do it myself.  It is not difficult and once you get the hang of it you won't have any problems  Someone else will be along soon
Dee
Subcutaneous injections absorb more slowly than intramuscular.

I agree with Dee - if your nurse is going to do IM injections every week, I would take over and do it yourself. It's manageable. If you need advice on how to, just ask on the forum.

rk
Thank you, I talked to the dr and he changed the nurse. She gave it to me in my stomach subQ. Thanks again
  It does  make a big difference as others have said if you can do it yourself do so.As a quadriplegic I couldn't do them on my own and had to have a community nurses come in once a week to do them,for one they would send a different one every week.The whole thing was a nightmare,none of them knew how it was done or even why I was getting them.Most didn't want cooperate on my instructions,it was like pulling teeth just to get them to do it the right way inthe right place.The incompetence in the health care industry these days is outstanding.
Cindy is... Comment
blondie717 joined this community
Welcome them!
Jun 28
senseanonymous  commented on photo
Jun 28
Track your weight over time