Please answer so worries
Hello everybody

I really need an answer to my question

So I was tested for anti hcv and my result was less than 0.1 on a scale of 0.1-0.8 negative 0.8-0.9 intermediate and a Above 1 was positive. The test was the advia centaur anti hcv kit

This was 3 months ago

Now I tested and my result was 0.2, which is still negative but why is the result rising? Is the s/co ratio a fluctuating number? Am I safe? Can I rest at night? Please leave detailed answers thanks all.
I would talk to your medical dr and ask him to a test, the test I had done took about a week to
get the results, and if your worried its always good to get a 2nd opinion. I'm not the best to give advice cus I've only been diagnosed since september, so I'm still learning.But I know how you feel I was a complete nervous wreck waiting for my results. Just try to stay positive, your not alone there's lots of us who have hcv, but if you are positive there are really good treatments available, you can beat this thing. This site is a great place to ask questions and learn.I also have a hotline number for a place you can call, called help for hep, they can answer lots of questions and give great advise. Good luck to you
But this test was negative I'm asking whether s/co ratios fluctuate? Your answer didn't pertain to my question
There is no real difference between a 0.1 & 0.2  it's negative. You are not alone many people get nervous and concerned about this test..

very technical test results
The mean± SO for negative Index Values in the prospective population was 0.076 ± 0.1167. The mean negative Index Value was 8.57 standard deviations lower than the positive cut-offvalue

In this test a 100% of those scoring a negative result were really negative except  about 2% who also had HBV did test positive for HCV virus in additional testing.

http://www.accessdata.fda.gov/cdrh_docs/pdf3/P030056b.pdf

The HCV antibody test is a routine test usually given to people who are have potentially a higher risk of exposure during their life    Sometime with certain age groups  or other groups a routine test is recommended. Cost about $60 or lower insurance copay.  The HCV antibody tests look for antibodies to HCV in the blood, indicating an HCV infection has occurred. This test cannot tell the difference between an acute or long-term (chronic) infection.  It will take 2 to 3 months usually but can take up to 6 months to show that a HCV infection has occurred.  

A positive HCV can not positively tell when you got the virus.  Except that if you had a prior negative then the exposure would most likely be between 3 to 6 prior to the neg test and a couple months before the positive antibody test.

If you had a recent possible exposure to the HCV virus then it depend on the risk factor.  For high risk exposure or to confirm an intermediate or positive Anti-HCV antibody test a HCV RNA test is given. That test will show if you have the active virus within one or 2 weeks  estimated cost $360 or lower copay depending on insurance coverage.

Unless you had a recent HIGH risk exposure, certain elevated liver function test, acute symptoms or other reasons that your doctor wanted this test there is no reason to get it.  

The best thing to do is relax. If it still concerns you 6 months later then another inexpensive HCV antibody test could be performed.

Trust you doctor on this  

So I s/co ratios fluctuate? I don't have to worry? I'm negative???
I am not a doctor and can not provide medical advice.
Yes  I s/co ratios fluctuate?
If you look at Page 20 of 24 on the chart almost everyone was below .50
of course many were 0 but even those very few above .5 were still negative. those that were .8 or 9 may need a confirming test or re-test depending on their doctor.

You said your first test was 3 months ago  You didn't state the reason for that test.  Normally you wouldn't be given that HCV antibody test and re-tested 3 months later unless you had a possible exposure 60 to 90 days or so before the first test. If it's now 5 months after the possible exposure my guess the chances are that you are negative are greater than 99%  

It's up to you and your doctor if you want another test in a few months to be sure. My guess then would be more than 99.99?% negative without a new exposure incident..  
I can not state and will not state that you are a 100% negative. In my opinion if the above is true with no possible exposure incident.within the past 5 months you don't have to worry.

I remember the story about the guy who was so worried about getting hurt in an accident if he went outside.  He stayed his one floor house all the time. One day when getting up out of his bed in the morning, he fell and broke his neck and died.