Please help?
Six months ago I went for a hep c test, and it was negative....a day later I tested indeterminate for the hep c antibody....shortly after I went for a PCR viral load that came back undetected with viral load of zero....Since I had no risk factors I was told based on my results that I had no hep c virus....and need not be tested in six months....now i am being tested as I insisted to be tested in six months and I am so worried and anxious...what are the chances that I may have it, and what are the chances of a false positive PCR viral load??
'PCR viral load that came back undetected with viral load of zero'

'what are the chances of a false positive PCR viral load??'

You had no false positive test.

Your PCR test was negative, so you have no virus in your blood, so you are not infected.

No reason to retest.

Go live your life.
Hector
Hey Hector,
Thanks for your message. The reason I am so anxious is because I read that occasionally there are false positive results with the hep c PCR test. My PCR test came back undetected, but this was 8 days after my hep c test result came back inconclusive. I gave blood for a second PCR last tuesday and the results should be in on wednesday. Shouldnt they have retested me for the antibodies for hep C at the same time as the second PCR since my results were indeterminate six months ago? I have been on the net and have scared myself to death over this.....had a panic attack at work tonight and got sent home.....I read that the viral load can be at times undetected even though you have the virus....I am so confused, and am terribly sorry for being so ignorant.....I have never ever used needles, and have not been with anyone for the past 4 years , and prior to that I was with someone for 10 years.....I am a wreck right now....I have managed to convince myself that I have this and am too scared to call the doctor's office :(
NO chance you have Hep C unless you had a risk after initial test.

The chances of a false negative PCR is 99.999.

YOU DO NOT HAVE HEP C

What you may have is an obsessive disorder. Seek mental help if this continues.

Best of luck
Thanks for your reply....I failed to mention that my healthcare provider made a mistake of documenting that I was hep c positive when submitting my PCR requisition.....Would this have any bearings on the result of the PCR test....I have never tested positive but inconclusive for hep c.....this is so embarrassing...I am terribly sorry for being so ignorant...:(
I tested indeterminate for a hep c antibody and a day later i had a PCR test done with the viral load of undetected. Shouldnt have they waited a month or two before sending me for the initial PCR test? Now six months later, I am being sent for another PCR test and am so scared. Also my healthcare provider accidentally put hepatitis c positive instead of indeterminate on the requisition form for hep C PCR but by the time I noticed it it was too late and i had already gone for the test. Is that going to affect the results of my PCR? can someone please answer my questions? I have had anxiety attacks since I went for the test, and have barely got any sleep...I am sorry for being so ignorant but I feel like I am being my own doctor and all of this is causing me overwhelming distress.....please can someone answer my questions?