Hepatitis C Community
Posible mode of transmition

This forum is for questions about medical issues and research aspects of Hepatitis C such as, questions about being newly diagnosed, questions about current treatments, information and participation in discussions about research studies and clinical trials related to Hepatitis. If you would like to communicate with other people who have been touched by Hepatitis, please visit our new Hepatitis Social/Living with Hepatitis forum

Posible mode of transmition

I had a possible sexual exposure to Hep C around 6 weeks back.
I was tested for normal STDs and HIV but didn't have hep tests done as I am vacinated for Hep a and Hep b, and they saw c as no risk.

I want to know a few things about Hep C transmition and acute Hep C symptoms.

1) Can hep c be transmited sexually? If so how easily? I had anal sex but with no visable blood and rough play.
2) What are the typical signs of Acute Hep c?
3) When do they happen? How long after exposure? I have read most of the time it happens around 5 to 9 weeks after exposure? the reason I ask this as I developed what I thought might be symptoms around two weeks 3 days after exposure would this be unusual to develop these symptoms so early from a sexual exposure?
4) Do these sound like symptoms for hep c?
       Sore stomach all over at night.
       Constipation
       Lack of desire to eat.

The reason I ask these questions is that I have been told it was too early to develop symptoms less than 4 weeks after exposure, also that if I was suffering from acute hep c I would know about it, other wise I would be asymptomatic and have no symptoms. There is no in between. Is that correct?

Thanks everyone for your help.

No common but more common with anal sex. Like 5% chance.

Get tested to put an end to your worry.
Follow the link below to find answers to your questions:

http://www.cdc.gov/hepatitis/C/cFAQ.htm#transmission

Hectorsf

Do these sound like symptoms for acute hep c?

And were they too early to be symptoms for acute hep c?
Google acute symptoms of hep c, I was 5 years old when I "think" I got infected.
Hi - Most people don't notice their symptoms as they are not severe enough to seek medical attention.  They are more a passing thought than anything else.  I was acute last Spring and had symptoms that I would never have guessed were the result of HCV.
My symptoms were brown urine and extreme fatigue.  While the brown urine only lasted a few days, the fatigue was persistent - but again, I would not have seen a doctor for it.
Your symptoms do not seem usual.
Do as much research as you can, don't panic and stay in touch here and you will find your answers.

Your symptoms do not seem usual?????

They don't sound like acute hep c symptoms? Is that what you mean?
Why do you assume your sick because of the sexual incounter not o sound like an *** but those symptoms could be from a wide array of different things!

True
I was just worried as I have a family and have never had sex or anything else outside of the marrige and am worried about infecting my family.

I had read about these things thats why I thought these could be hep c
Sam,

I'm telling ya, it's stress. Since there's nothing any of us can say to convince you, get tested, put your mind at ease. Then do what you need to move beyond this - go to confession, flog yourself, sleep on a bed of nails, whatever.... Then keep your dikk in your pants and concentrate on your family - Geez!!!